Chapter 8

A/N
Thank you all for getting TMMD to get 300+ views. I am really glad. I dedicate this chapter to aannaannyyaa10 for voting. Enjoy reading. And all the silent readers, please do vote, share and comment.

---

Lucas

I wait for Dave or Diego to come out of their room. It's 7.59, they should be here any second. The door opens revealing Dave.

The moment he places his foot on the floor, he slips and falls with a thud. You could also hear a crack.

Excellent! My scheme worked!

He lets out a cry. Through the rift of my room, I see Dave struggling to get up and failing. Diego comes to help him.

Papa and Uncle Zozo run up the stairs to their room. I join in so that I don't seem suspicious.

"Dave seems to have fractured his leg", Dad says. I see Vincent come in. 

Even after hearing Dave's scream which sounded more or less like a dying hyena, Mom and Aunt Val should be in the hospital, as they haven't made their appearance.

Well, our mothers are doctors.

"Let's take him to the hospital. The same one we took Lorry to", I suggested. They nodded. Vincent was staring at me with a raised brow.

He knows.

I felt like deja vu as we hurried through the same door and the same receptionist flaunting her accessories. The differences are that:

1. This is planned by yours truly.

2. Daisy was not the nurse who approached us.

Vincent's face was epic, he looked like someone stole his favourite candy. 

The nurse came, took the details and led us to a room. Just that this room didn't have those stickers and animated characters on the wall. They were just plain.

Well, the room doesn't matter, the doctor does.

The door soon opened, I was waiting for Jo to walk in. Instead, a blonde man in his late 20's walks inside with the previous nurse following suit.

Now I was the one who looked like my candy was stolen.

The doctor was doing some cast shit for the fracture. I was standing like the doctor killed my puppy.

The great Mafia Lord scowling because of a woman and a baby, well, my woman and our baby. She is softening me up.

I called the nurse and asked her why Dr Rodrigues wasn't here. She said that Jo deals with kids and teenagers till the age of 15 and not 18-year-old grown-ups, particularly when a bone is involved. Now I get why the rooms were not filled with animated stickers and bullshit.

Technically this plan was an accomplishment as I came to the hospital and a disappointment cause I didn't see them.

Well then, the twin boys are not my preys here ahead. I see Vincent and understand that the wheels are turning in his head too.

Our eyes meet and we smirk knowing that we gotta start planning our next visit to the hospital.

Once all the formalities are done, we head for the billing counter. On the way, we spot our mothers.

My mama gets all hyped up cause, I quote, "My baby got hurt!", her words not mine. She calls 18-year-old adults her babies and me as a donkey.

That's not fair. I may not show it out, but it does feel on the inside.

After a long tiring day, while we wait for dinner to be served. Aunt Val suddenly speaks up,  "That girl is such a hard worker. Her parents must be proud of her".

The table falls silent to hear their conversation. 

"That's true darling. She takes care of herself and looks after that 3-year-old boy. I wish I could do something to support her." Uncle Zozo comments.

"Are we speaking about Dr Joanne from our hospital hermano?" my father questions Uncle Zozo. 

"Yes. But I heard that her parents went missing 3 years ago." Uncle Zozo replies.

Her parents are missing?! How did I miss that?!

"That is awful. Her sanity is kept intact only because of that child." my mother says.

"Hmm. The nurse who goes with her, Daisy I guess, told me that she has been to the precinct many times before and even last week, but they have not found single evidence as to where her parents are." Aunt Val says.

"Oh yes. Poor girl. And the painful part is that her parents went missing a year after her brother and his wife died." Uncle Zozo continues.

The table fell silent again. After dinner, my thoughts were only of Jo and how strong-willed a person she is.

She took care of a baby and never gave up looking for her parents. And just like that darkness consumed me.

.VOTE.SHARE.COMMENT.