25:Z

Something happened.

That much I was sure of now. Though I had my suspicions already, this confirmed it. I wasn't expecting this reaction. I felt guilty, looking down at the beautiful girl in my arms. She hadn't moved for the last five minutes. She wasn't crying anymore, audibly at least.

"Nothing happened." Seren mumbled against my chest, again.

"Nothing happened." I parroted her words, rubbing the palms of my hands up and down her back.

Something happened. But what?

Seren's fingers were entangled in my shirt, gripping it tightly. Almost as if she was worried I would back away, and leave her to stand alone. I wouldn't. It reminded me of how she reached for me last night. I could see it on her face that she was scared. But scared of what?

One thing is for sure, I wasn't going to get the truth out of her by simply demanding it. Which was a scary thought, because I was losing hope that she would ever tell me on her own accord.

There were more questions than answers now. The note was a big one. I won't wait forever. It could mean anything. Someone could be blackmailing her. Someone could be pressuring her into something. She could owe money to someone. Someone could be stalking her.

She was scared of something. But what?

Or who?

"Nothing happened." She whispered again.

"Okay." I told her simply.

" I told her simply