Two

It was a cold day in hell whenever Shinobu saw Giyu smile. Usually, she expected to find him stone faced, his eyes dull and his expression lifeless as it always seemed to be.
It was something she loved to tease him about constantly, poking fun at his inability, or really his unwillingness, to emote. She knew he definitely could, she'd seen him smile before, if only a handful of times.

But it was rare, and it was usually directed towards food(more specifically salmon.) She also knew he liked the rain, noticing the bare hint of a smile that would play on his lips on cloudy days when the sun wasn't beating down on him.

So, on a particularly sunny Monday morning, Shinobu couldn't help but be intrigued, and admittedly caught off guard, as Giyu walked into their favorite coffee spot with a giddy smile on his face.
His eyes seemingly sparkled in the fluorescent cafe lights, and as he ordered his coffee he seemed to be fighting back the grin, trying to keep himself from smiling even wider.

Across from Shinobu, Giyu's childhood friend, as well as her own, Sabito, stared in disbelief, blinking rapidly at the sight in front of him.

He turned back to Shinobu, shaking his head slightly in disbelief.
"Are you seeing what I am?" He asked, and Shinobu just nodded slowly, a sly smile making its way onto her face.

Sabito had known Giyu for even longer than Shinobu had, but he was seemingly even more surprised at the sight of Giyu practically skipping towards them with his coffee.

The coffee house was quiet, especially during the morning, so there was only the light buzzing of a coffee machine and faint murmurs around, and Shinobu narrowed her eyes at Giyu as she heard him humming lowly.

She watched him like a hawk as he sat down at their table, dropping his backpack to the ground with a soft thump.

He didn't even seem to notice their confused looks, his eyes dazed and far off as he took a sip of his coffee, the small smile on his face beginning to creep Shinobu out.

"Dude what the fuck?"

Shinobu flinched at Sabito's brash words, but they got the job done. She observed as Giyu blinked, pulling away from his daydreams and turning to his peach haired friend.

"What?" He asked, his voice lighter than normal.

Shinobu raised an eyebrow, content to sit quietly as Sabito interrogated their long haired friend.

"Giyu, I have never in the entire time I've known you seen you smile for more than five seconds."

Giyu rolled his eyes, and Shinobu snickered as Sabito glared. She grabbed the small silver spoon that sat on a small napkin next to her, dipping it into her teacup and swirling around the red tinted liquid.

"He's right, I wasn't sure you were even capable of smiling." Shinobu teased, which earned a slight groan.

"It's nothing." His voice was returning to its usual state, monotone and void.

Sabito scoffed, stretching his legs and accidentally bumping his foot against Shinobu's. She kicked him back, and he sucked in a sharp breath as he flinched, shooting her a look.

Shinobu simply grinned back, her manufactured smile prompting Sabito to fake gag before turning back to Giyu.

"Seriously dude, what's got you so chipper today?"

Shinobu wasn't expecting an answer, but when Giyu suddenly looks away, his face growing red, the tone shifts. Her hand instinctively covers her mouth in an attempt to stifle her laughter, her shock being overridden by her amusement.

Now that was new.

Who would've thought that Giyu Tomioka was capable of blushing?

Sabito looked just as confused, but stayed silent as Giyu took another sip of his coffee and cleared his throat.