Eight

"What are you doing here?"

Giyu frowns as he leans against his front door, curling around the side to stare at his visitors. Sabito and Shinobu stand in front of him, both looking annoyed that he hasn't let them in yet.

It's late, and he hadn't even been home from class for an hour. The sun was gone, replaced by the faint glow of the moon, and he was just now realizing he has yet to eat anything. Nemi hadn't been there to remind him, both of them too busy cramming for the start of their midterms the next day to write each other.

It was a surprise to see his two best friends at his front door. This wasn't particularly unusual for them, but there were special circumstances this night, and he'd assumed that Shinobu would've at least had the common sense to be studying right now.

They hadn't even texted him saying they were coming, but Shinobu scoffs at his question like they'd been planning this for weeks, Sabito crossing his arms behind her.
"What else? We're here to study. Or did you forget tomorrow is the start of midterms?" She asks, looking down at her nails like they were more interesting then their current conversation.

He knew that wasn't the reason though, neither of them had their books or laptops, and he could see Sabito holding a plastic grocery bag with what looked to be full of beauty products.
Sighing, Giyu narrowed his eyes at her, but Shinobu didn't even give him the time of day.

"But you don't have-"

"Just let us innnn already! Damn!" Sabito whines, cutting him off, and he frowns. He gives them an uneasy look, but steps away and opens the door for them anyway. Shinobu smirks triumphantly, and the two walk into his apartment like they own the place.

Giyu closes the door behind Sabito, watching as they make themselves at home. Again, it wasn't like he wasn't used to this, they were always barging into his apartment without asking.
His apartment, despite it's distance, was perfect for their "girls nights" as Shinobu put it, no roommates or siblings to bother them.

He watches from his door as Shinobu takes the bag from Sabito and walks to his living room, sitting herself down on the floor in front of the coffee table. She begins putting a whole laundry list of beauty products on the table, and Giyu sighs.

Guess he won't be doing any last minute studying after all.

Sabito, in the five seconds he's been inside, has taken to rummaging through his cabinets, complaining about the severe lack of food in his home.
"Just order from the usual place." Shinobu says as Sabito cries about being hungry, and Giyu lets him be, dragging himself to the couch.

He might as well accept his fate at this point.

He plops down onto the cushions, taking off his reading glasses and folding them, placing them on the coffee table next to his phone, which he'd left to charge in the living room. He doesn't care about his embarrassing state of dress, old worn pajamas that he's sure Sabito had given him one year for Christmas when they were teens and his hair tied back into a high ponytail, a head band keeping back the baby hairs.

Shinobu is humming happily as she arranges the nail polish neatly, turning to Giyu with a sly look.
"What color do you want?" She asks, and Giyu frowns.

This is how it always goes. Sabito and Giyu had somehow over the years been roped into these annual "girls nights", although it's not like they complained.
Sabito liked being pampered "like the royalty he is" as he would always say, and Giyu was just happy to spend time with friends.

Shinobu is waiting for his answer, even though she seems to know what he'll pick. It's obvious, he always chooses blue, however today he's not so sure.
He thinks of Nemi, remembering that his favorite color is green. He flushes, but can't help from grinning at the memory.