Fourteen

The air is cold, yet stuffy, as Sanemi steps out of the backseat of Mitsuri's minivan. The night is illuminated by the bright carnival lights, cheery music, and screams of laughter echoing across the parking lot.
There's the faintest smell of funnel cake and cotton candy. As he shuts the door behind him he flinches, startled as Mitsuri squeals in excitement.

Kyojuro and Tengen stand next to him, laughing about something, while Obanai is climbing out of the drivers seat. Mitsuri turns to them with a beaming smile on her face, clasping her hands together.

"Ahh! I'm so excited! Shinobu told me she was already here and that we should meet them at the front! Come on, let's not keep them waiting!" She exclaims, grabbing Obanai's hand and basically dragging him along with her, barely giving him the time to close and lock the car door.

Sanemi follows behind, shoving his hands in the pockets of his worn out jeans and looking around at all the cars. The "parking lot" was more of just a large field, cars parked in neat rows like there had actually been lines to dictate where to go.

It's almost impressive, but he doesn't have much time to think about the logistics of parked cars as they make it up to the front.

There aren't many people around, most already inside, but as they approach, Sanemi's eyes land on a familiar dark haired figure.
Tomioka stood with his two friends, his hands hanging by his side and a small frown present on his face.

He doesn't even hear Mitsuri when she laughs and runs over, his legs taking him closer as his eyes scan Tomioka. The man looks like he's cold, even with a sweatshirt and jacket layered, one on top of other.
Looking down at the combo, Sanemi almost chokes on his spit when he notices the familiar brand logo on Tomioka's shirt, and he realizes it's his.

He wants to hope it's not, but it's unmistakably the same one he'd given away on Sunday, and he can't help but notice how unequivocally cute Tomioka looks in it. They're about the same height, but Tomioka is much more lean, so it absolutely engulfs him.

'Holy fuck.' Is the only thing his mind seems to supply him, and he has to fight the heat creeping up his neck as they finally find themselves in front of the others.

"Urokodaki!" Tengen exclaims happily, snapping Sanemi out of his Tomioka induced daze, and the peach haired menace in front of them grins in response.

The sound of Tengen's voice seems to startle Tomioka as well, because he finally looks up at the group, his blue eyes coming into contact with Sanemi's.

It's awkward, he can feel it, and something twinges in his stomach as Tomioka looks away, back down at his feet.

"Mitsuri, I'm so glad you guys could come." Kocho says, and Mitsuri giggles happily, taking the other woman's hands in hers. Kyojuro also comes up to them, smiling at the shorter pair of women.

"It was our pleasure Shinobu! Thank you for the invite!" Mitsuri sings, and Kyojuro happily nods.

"Yes! Thank you very much Kocho!" He adds, and Sanemi sees Tengen make a face in his peripheral vision.

'He couldn't be more obvious.' He thinks to himself, but before anything else can be said, Urokodaki grabs Tengen's arm, pulling him down with a smirk.

"Uzui, there's the absolute hottest guy working the cotton candy counter." Urokodaki says, and Tengen's face lights up like a Christmas tree.