Six

"Well this is a fucking great way to start my morning." Sanemi mumbles under his breath, frowning as he tries to start the ignition again, but his bike stays infuriatingly silent and still, useless underneath him. With a frustrated groan, he kicks the bike stand down again and gets off it, running his fingers through his hair and pulling as hard as he can to ground himself.

Of course, of fucking course the day he's running late his bike decides to die on him.

"Fuck this." He mumbles again, shoving his hand into his pocket and fishing around for his phone. He pulls it out, unlocks it, and scrolls through his contacts quickly, finding the one he needs instantly and pressing the call button, raising the phone his ear.

It barely rings once before the call is answered.

"NEMI!!"

Sanemi frowns, holding back another groan.

"Masachika." He says back as a greeting, and he hears his childhood best friend and mechanic, Masachika Kumeno, laugh over the phone.

"Aww, so cold Nemi~ You never call me anymore! Can't I be excited?!"

As much as he tries not to, Sanemi feels slightly guilty. But Masachika is a pain in the ass. Always has been and always will be, and Sanemi would probably hate him if they hadn't been friends since diapers.

"I've been busy." He replies, and part of him is wondering why he's not getting straight to the point with the fuckface over the phone.

He refuses to believe it's because he's missed talking to his friend too.

"With your soulmate?"

Sanemi chokes, his eyes going wide. He sputters, a blush crawling up his neck. No way Masachika could've known that information unless he was told, and he had certainly never mentioned a thing.

"Who fucking told you?!"

"Who do you think?"

Sanemi grits his teeth, a certain pink haired girl popping into his head.

"Fuck, Mitsuri called you didn't she?"

"Of course she did, we are friends after all."

Sanemi sighs, rubbing his face with his hand.

"I'm sorry for not calling ok?! Like I said, got a lot on my plate."
Masachika hums smugly, and Sanemi knows he's not mad, just trying to fuck with him.

He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes for a few seconds before opening them back up to look at his piece of shit bike. Masachika snickers over the phone, seemingly pleased with how easily he can piss Sanemi off.
"Anyway, bike fucking died on me and I'm running late for class as it is. Do you think you could come grab it for me?"

Sanemi hears Masachika snicker again, and he knows this conversation is going to end unfavorably.
"Nemi, you only call me when you need something. It's a little heartbreaking~"

Masachika pretends to choke up over the phone, sniffling and everything, and Sanemi has to hold back an annoyed sigh.

"I already apologized!"

"You're not getting out of it that easily! Take me out to lunch this weekend and I'll think about it."

"Can't this weekend. Next weekend." Sanemi reasons, and Masachika seems satisfied with that. He hears the man laugh over the line, and he can't help but smile as well.

He hates to admit that he missed Masachika too.

"Alright, just leave the keys in the seat compartment. I'll swing by later and tow it over."