Twenty

Sanemi Shinazugawa has not and has never been an anxious person.

That's why it's an extremely foreign feeling when he grabs his pen from the pocket of his hoodie and moves to write to Yuu, but stops before he can, blinking down at his bare arm as his mind goes blank.

Because Yuu isn't just Yuu anymore. He's not a faceless figure to be pined over from afar, he's corporeal now.

He's Giyu Tomioka, the handsome yet socially awkward nerd Sanemi has found himself deeply in love with.

It's been a week since Giyu had been revealed to be his soulmate, and since then Sanemi hasn't seen him. Both busy with classes(and Giyu busy trying to salvage his crumbling friend group) their communication has been few and far between. The time away, while almost torturous, has also given Sanemi time to stew.

Now that the high has fully worn off, Sanemi is anxious. He felt it before in the elevator ride up to Giyu's apartment, though it had washed away with the smell of Giyu's shampoo just as easily.

Now, separated and with little correspondence between them, Sanemi finds his mind racing. At the forefront he's extremely happy, so happy it's almost a little suspicious. Waking up that morning with Giyu wrapped up in his arms was probably one of the best moments of his entire life. He feels incredibly lucky to be the one who gets to see Giyu's insane bed head and the little dried line of drool on his cheek first thing in the morning.

But he's also pissed. Like, major league pissed. And mostly at Obanai.

Although he's seen the snake fucker in the past few days, he hasn't been able to chew him out for keeping his knowledge of the situation secret for so long. Both him and Giyu agreed to keep their newfound relationships a secret for the time being, at least until things calm down on Giyu's end with his friends, and Sanemi was more than happy to agree. He definitely wasn't ready for the barrage of questions and teasing that would surely come his way by telling his friends, but the consequences meant he had to sit there and pretend like he didn't want to smack his best friend upside the head.

Sighing, he looks back to his blank arm, biting the inside of his cheek. He vaguely hears said friends goofing off in front of him, sitting together in Tengen's large apartment eating shit junk food and watching some b-list movie Obanai insisted was amazing.

He isn't as into it though, because aside from the endless happiness and the broiling annoyance, he feels like a fucking nervous teenage virgin. He has absolutely no clue what to say. He wants to ask Giyu to go out with him tomorrow, but he can't really find the words, and he lays his head back against the couch and closes his eyes as he drops his pen in his lap, too exhausted to think.

"You ok?" He hears, and he cracks an eye open, turning his head to the side. Kyojuro is smiling at him from his seat next to him on the couch, ignoring the loud yelling in front of them as Uzui argues with Iguro across the coffee table about the movie, Mitsuri desperately trying to calm them down.

It's achingly familiar.

Though, Kyojuro is acting much different. Despite having noticed for some time, Sanemi hasn't said anything, but as he sees his friend stare at him with an unfamiliar sadness hidden behind his smile, he thinks maybe he should've spoken up sooner.

"Fine, just dunno what to say to Yuu is all..." He trails, then picks up his head and leans forward towards Kyo, coming in a little closer, his eyes hardening. "I should be askin' you that. What's with you lately?" He asks in a hushed, concerned tone, watching as Kyojuro's smile falters just the slightest bit.
He reels back, not used to that kind of reaction, before Kyo lets himself frown, eyes half lidded as he fiddles with his hands and looks over to where Tengen sits on the floor. Sighing, he shakes his head a bit before turning back to Sanemi, smiling halfheartedly.