Seventeen

Giyu had never been to the Rengoku house, but as Sabito pulls up outside the house, the street lined with cars, Giyu hopes maybe the interior is bigger than the exterior because he doesn't know if this many people will all fit inside Rengoku's reasonably sized home.

Shinobu hums happily as they park, ruffling around with their gifts in the backseat and moving to hand Giyu his through the gap in the seats.
He takes it with a smile, and then she hands Sabito his, all of them moving to get out of the car. Sabito had somehow snagged a spot right across from the house, conveniently under a no parking sign, but if Sabito wants a ticket that badly then who's Giyu to stop him.

It's already dark, having left a little late because Kanae had taken too long in the shower, so Shinobu wasn't ready when they picked her up. It wasn't long, but enough time for the party to have already started.
The music is so loud Giyu can hear it from where he stands across the street, barely hearing the sound of Sabito locking his car door before they're moving towards the house, the breeze strong as they cross the street.

"Rengoku told us to just come in, the door isn't locked." Shinobu explains, and Giyu thinks that sounds a little unsafe.

He goes to say as much but he's interrupted as Sabito laughs excitedly, bounding up their walkway and front porch to the door.
It swings open, and the already loud, albeit muffled, music booms.
Giyu can't help but cringe as they make their way inside, the lights dim and the voices shrill and loud in his ears.

God he hates parties.

They stop and wipe their shoes at the front door before venturing inside, and Giyu is surprised to see that it looks more like a frat party than a birthday.
He supposes it makes sense, Mitsuri does have a lot of friends, but wow there's so many people just in the entrance way, all with red solo cups and bottles of beer.

Shinobu leads the charge, walking confidently into the crowd and into the open living room area.
He sees Sabito perk up in the corner of his eye as they walk deeper into the room, and he turns to see what he's staring at, disappointed as he notices his best friend basically jumping at the game of spin the bottle going on.

Sabito turns to him with a devious smile before shoving his gift box into Giyu's chest, letting it go.
Giyu scrambles to grab it, and glares at Sabito when he does, narrowing his eyes as the man snickers.
"Giyu! Give this to Mitsuri for me alright?! Cool thanks!" He yells over the music before scrambling away towards the game, not even allowing Giyu the time to call after him.

He frowns, and despite the loud music he can hear Shinobu sigh behind him, putting her small manicured hand on the small of his back and leading him away towards the kitchen with her.

Giyu doesn't know how she's so calm, but he assumes they both should've expected this, and he lets it go, more interested in how Shinobu knows the house layout so well.
She guides them to the kitchen with little to no trouble, and as they walk through the entryway he's relieved to see familiar faces.

Rengoku, Shinazugawa, and Iguro sit at the counter next to a giant fold out table stuffed with food, a giant white cake with green and pink accent icing adorning it.
The words 'Happy Birthday Mitsuri!' are sloppily written on the front in green icing, but it's pretty, small cherry blossoms made from icing decorating the layers.

"Well look what the cat dragged in." The sound of Shinazugawa's voice snaps Giyu's attention away from the cake, and he rolls his eyes as he see Shinazugawa leaning over the counter, holding a beer to his lips and smirking at him.
"Took you long enough to get here." He adds, pointing his stare directly at Giyu, smiling slyly.

It's a sight, and Giyu can't help the butterflies in his stomach. Thankfully he doesn't need to respond, as Rengoku laughs loudly at them, and he feels Shinobu relax next to him.
"We're glad you could make it! You want beer?" He asks, and Giyu nods eagerly.