Twenty One

Giyu didn't think he was the type of person to be clingy with his partner, at least that was until he finally got one. It had only been a few days since his date with Sanemi, but ever since he's done nothing but yearn for him, writing and texting him nonstop.

He might've been worried he was being overbearing, but the few times he didn't message first, Sanemi did, and he replied almost immediately every time Giyu called.

Unfortunately though, he couldn't fill his time with Sanemi today. His soulmate told him he was going to visit his mom with his brother, and Giyu really didn't want to bother him. Even though Sanemi told him it'd be fine if he called he didn't want to interrupt his time with his siblings, especially after what he'd confided in him about at the aquarium.

So he lay on his couch, half his body falling over the side, staring at his ceiling with his head empty of any meaningful thoughts. He had called Nezuko and Tanjiro earlier in the day, both of whom had been busy and couldn't talk long. He thought about texting Mitsuri but decided against it, not wanting to bother her if she was on a date with Iguro.
His only option(and his preferred one) had been Shinobu, who had actually talked to him for a good chunk of hours, though all she did was rant about Sabito. He had originally called her to tell her about his date with Sanemi, and how well it had gone, but the conversation had shifted almost immediately to be about Sabito and how pissed she was at him.

Giyu didn't exactly blame her, he understood why she was so upset with him, but that didn't mean it wasn't draining.

Sighing, he turned over on the couch, wishing that their relationship hadn't turned out this way. He knew that what had happened put a serious strain on the relationship between them, but it hurt him to see them fighting, especially when they were always so close.

"Fuck it." He says to himself, groaning loudly and smacking his forehead with his palm as he sits up, ready to grab his phone to call Sanemi and complain about how bored he is, when he suddenly sees his front door open from his place on the couch.

He goes to speak, but the words die in his throat as he watches, confused, as Sabito rushes in quicky.

"Sabi-" He starts, but flinches violently as his best friends slams the door shut behind him, the pictures hanging next to it shaking a bit.

He wouldn't be surprised if his neighbors had put a hit out on him by now

It feels like the floor shakes and Sabito stomps over to him, hands in his hair as he plops down on the couch next to Giyu, both of them bouncing a bit from the force of it.

Reaching for him, Giyu puts a hand on Sabito's shoulder, and only then does he realize the tears streaming down his face, his eyes an angry red color and puffy, almost swollen shut. His nose is red, presumably from sniffling, and Giyu doesn't think he's ever seen Sabito in such back shape before, his breathing erratic and shallow.

"Sabito what's wrong?"

"I know. And I know you know too."

The response takes Giyu back, and he balks, shocks coursing through his body as he looks down at the small imitation of his best friend, shaking and crying like he's never seen before, and all he can think of is that damn phrase, repeating over and over in his head.

"You know?" He asks, almost scandalized, and even he can hear the faint anger in his tone.

Sabito has the nerve to roll his eyes, which doesn't help the anger bubbling up inside Giyu.
"Of course I know."