Confused or Confusing?

"Cause we got loves electric magic,  Bang bang it's automatic,  Shoot shoot you better leave or hang on,  Hang on to yourself" -Hang On To Yourself, Palaye Royale

*To be honest, this is such an underrated band :( I love them

Lucifer's POV

I watched Eli's chest rise and fall as she took small, stable breaths. Her body was slumped against the bed, worn out and tired. Although her face looked peaceful while she slept, the suffering she endured showed in every inch of it.

Dark circles underneath her beautiful eyes, sunken cheeks like she haven't eaten anything in weeks, and cracked lips from dehydration and the heat. Her lips were slightly open, but she breathed only through her nose. With every breath, I could see her chest moving up and down slowly.

After she collapsed, I knew that she wouldn't be able to wake up before her dad returned in the evening so I had to make sure that she would be okay until she saw her dad again. Full of flashbacks and regrets I took her in my arms, holding onto her like she was made out of porcelain, and fell through the cyclon towards Hell.

I knew that she would be mad when she would wake up, but I didn't do it for my personal gain, and I'm sure she would understand that.

I brought her to my own room, settling her down on my bed, and after numerous times of checking her for any internal or external wounds, I left her to rest. I never left the room and I had lost track of time because I was preoccupied with my thoughts.

How could she even do that?

I know that mates are able to take away each other's pain, physical and emotional but I thought that it was only possible for angels and not humans. And only when angels have completed the mating process.

Is there a possibility that she isn't human? Of course not. I would have sensed her in the first moment. Being an immortal being has a specific aura that I'm able to recognize from a mile away; an ability that I achieved after thousands of centuries of experience.

I guess that the mate bond is stronger than I thought. And every other mate can achieve it so why not her?

But why did she do it? How did she even know that she could do that? I remember her saying that she didn't know what she was doing, so how does one subconsciously and involuntarily take away the pain of someone else? And especially the emotional pain?

A soft whimper pulled me out of my thoughts, and my head snapped towards Eliana's direction. I watched her as her eyelids trembled slightly and her nostrils flared, inhaling in as much air as possible. A moment later her eyes half-opened as slow as possible, the hazel orbs showing a little.

The light in the room was very dim so she didn't have any difficulties adjusting to it. Her eyes started from the right, slowly scanning the room to the left, finally falling on me. She moved a little as her body tensed up, her bones cracking while she tried to stand up. A whimper left her lips again as she tried to sit up into a sitting position, her arm giving in. Her head touched the pillows again and she groaned, shutting her eyes and hugging her torso.

"Take it slow, little demon, no need to rush" I tried to speak in a comforting manner, but obviously not succeeding. I made a move to close the distance between us but as soon as I took a step she flinched back, making me stop in my tracks.

Her action sent an arrow right through my chest and I tried not to show any emotion as she looked at me wearily, confused and hurt.

I could see right through her. Every emotion was visible to me and I could read her like an open book. I could feel what she was feeling and sometimes when she didn't put her guard up and fight against it, I could see her thoughts, which usually were a big, fat mess.