Powerless

"Try not to abuse your power"-Your Power, Billie Eilish

This song is a masterpiece! I love Billie, we stan Billie<3 Also, !Warning! Mention of rape and abuse! If you don't like reading about this stuff dm me so I can briefly explain what happens in the chapter<3

※ Eliana's POV ※

It's been a month since I last saw Lucifer. 

Christmas is around the corner and a small layer of snow has fallen all over the city, covering it like a white veil. The temperature here in Thessaloniki is usually normal and tends to be warm, but this year is like the sun disappeared. The temperature has reached -12 Celcius degrees and I can officially say that I hate the cold.

Sure, I don't mind a cold breeze hitting my bare legs while I walk towards the bars and the clubs, but this unbearable cold that makes you squeeze your guts in order to get a little warm pisses me off. I mean, I am wearing two shirts, a hoodie, and a whole ass coat on top and I'm still cold! Unbelievable!

Stop whining about the cold! For fuck's sake..., Kara hissed at me.

Kara, it's not my fault that you are stuck inside my mind and you have to hear my every thought! But in my defense you have been here for the past 19 years, so you must already know that I'm a WHINY PERSON! 

Yes, yes, I know...But please, let's talk about something else besides the cold and your aching muscles!

Okay, okay I'll stop...for now, I answered her while I was strolling around the busy street, looking at the windows of the shops. I balanced my phone and my hot latte on my left hand, while I adjusted my grey beanie on top of my head, covering my ears and muttering some greek curses at the snow underneath my breath.

What do you think I should buy for dad? 

What are you thinking? Accessories, clothes, or something else?

Well, I think he has more than enough clothes so maybe like a watch? Or like a scarf? Oh, maybe cufflinks!

Yeah, I think he would like a new pair of cufflinks, Kara said, brushing it off.

Dad never left for Athens. He said that all of his business meetings were cleared and that Giorgos, his best mate, was looking out for the management of the hotel. However, work got pretty intense here, because dad was building a new hotel in the center of the city so he had to go every day to help the architect and "keep things in order", as he said. 

Of course, I couldn't be happier that I had my dad with me during the holidays, but he was gone every day from 10 am to 10 pm, and every time he returned he was drained and tired. He only stayed home on Sundays and we usually spend the day together. I really hope he'll take a week off for the holidays because I wanna spend them with him. 

I stopped in front of a shop window that had accessories for men and searched for cufflinks. Once I spotted some in the distance, I entered the shop, adjusting my handbag on my shoulder and trying not to spill my coffee. 

"Kalimera sas! Xronia polla!"The cheerful assistant smiled brightly at me. (Good morning, Happy holidays!)

"Kalimera, epishs!"I replied, smiling softly at her. I'm pretty sure I looked like Rudolf with my red nose and rosy cheeks, as I smiled at the assistant, passing by her and going straight for the thing that I came for. (Good morning, you too!)