Dante's Monologue

"Don't waste the time you have waiting for time to pass" - Only A Lifetime, FINNEAS

Eliana's POV

"When I first unlocked and discovered my powers, I was as confused and terrified as you. My parents were long gone at the time..." Dante said and looked down on his lap where his hands rested.

We were sitting side by side on the shore of the lake, the calm waters being a soothing and relaxing sound in the background as a soft gust blew once in a while. A huge cherry blossom tree sat on one side of the lake, the small beautiful pinkish flowers flowing with the air. Some of them landed inside the lake, giving a magnificent pink color to it.

"I didn't even know that they were angels or that I was a celestial being, so you can imagine how frustrating it was. And I want you to know that I do understand how you feel, a mind full of unanswered questions and a bunch of people telling you what to do and what to avoid, without actually giving you a reason." He said again and I looked up at him, noticing that he was already watching me. I gave him a soft smile and turned my attention to the lake again.

"You know Eliana, you are handling this whole situation better than anyone else I have met in my entire life. You are way stronger than you think. And I really do believe that you are going to become a powerful phoenix. With my help and guidance of course," He added humorously at the end, making me chuckle. I looked over at him again, and I smiled genuinely at him.

"Thank you, Dante. I really needed this. Thank you for finding me and guiding me." I softly responded. He had no idea how much a craved those words, the reassurance that I have someone to help me through this difficult journey that had only just begun. I felt my eyes sting as water pooled in my eyes and I quickly looked away, blinking back the tears.

"I'm glad to help you, Eliana. I have been waiting for this moment for centuries. I have been waiting for you." He spoke up, his voice filled with nostalgia and satisfaction.

"So let's start, shall we?" He hummed and I sensed the soft smile in his voice. "I'll begin with the basics. If you have any questions or you want me to clarify something, feel free to interrupt me at any time."

I sighed as anxiety built up inside me, as the moment that I have been waiting for finally came.

"So, as you already know a phoenix is a powerful celestial being, with the element of fire. Powers vary based on each phoenix and the type of phoenix that someone is. There are two types of phoenixes, the light ones, like me, and the dark ones, like...you."

"Phoenixes can be recognized by the color of the flames that they conjure; Light phoenixes produce a bright yellow fire, while the dark ones produce a darker shade, that may include orange or even red sometimes. Although I have never come across a dark phoenix like you before, I believe that the shade of the flame depends on the feelings that you feel at the moment that helps you conjure fire. Or maybe how powerful the phoenix is. To be honest, I don't know for sure, but I'm eager to learn from you."

"We will return to the subject of the dark phoenix in a little while. So as you already know a phoenix is immortal, but not permanently. This means that you can live forever if you're not killed. Unfortunately, although it is quite hard and it requires unbelievable damage, a phoenix can be killed. This is exactly the reason why you have that succubus inside you." He said and Kara gasped loudly inside my mind. I turned to him with eyes open wide, as I gaped at him. Dante smiled knowingly and turned to look at me as well.

"How..." I started but I was caught off guard and I couldn't form the words.

"Phoenixes are very observing and perceptive creatures. They can sense basically everything, they have extremely heightened senses on command. You can focus on your smell and it will be heightened almost immediately. Try it, Eliana. Focus on something." Dante's eyes were focused on me as he watched me closely.