Celestial Disputes

"Oh love, Have mercy on me and keep me company" -Lonely, Imagine Dragons

※ Eliana's POV ※

"Hello, Lucifer" The angel sighed sadly as he looked at my mate. I was gripping onto Lucifer's broad shoulders, feeling the tension on his muscles and a wave of sadness hit me out of nowhere, coming directly from him.

As I turned my head to look at him, I felt my body being lifted and moved. In a second my butt was on the soft mattress and I was standing there dumbfounded. Lucifer was now on his feet with his pants secured around his waist and his naked chest rising and falling as the sweat looked like glitter on his skin.

After a few seconds of unbearable tension inside the small room, Lucifer dashed forward and lunged at Gabriel. I screeched and stood up to stop the Devil from shredding the angel into pieces but I froze when I saw what they did.

Lucifer was holding Gabriel's head with his hands and his forehead fell on the crook of his neck, just above his collarbone. The angel's hand curled around Lucifer's shoulders and squeezed.

I was in complete and utter shock as I stared at the bizarre sight in front of me. This strange, emotional act of submissiveness coming from the Devil was mind-blowing and I was frozen in my place, unable to fathom what was happening in front of me.

"Why?" Lucifer demanded, taking in a few rough breaths. His voice was pained and strained, and my heart broke as I listened to him. Why what?

"I had to, Lucy. You knew that I had to" Gabriel spoke up calmly and stroked my mate's hair. My eyes became slits as I looked at them, my jealousy burning bright inside me.

Lucifer rose from his position and straightened his back, letting his arms fall by his sides. His naked back was facing me and his body tensed visibly.

"You had a choic-"

"You of all people should know that it wasn't really a cho-"

"You left me, "Lucifer grunted and silence fell.

The two celestial beings were having extremely tense eye contact, while I stood behind Lucifer, looking like a deer caught in headlights. I was staring at them, absorbing every piece of information and trying to put them together.

All I can say for sure is that Gabriel is no longer an enemy. Or at least not the enemy that I thought he might be.

"What would you do?" Lucifer's back tensed even more and his body stiffened as those words left the angel's mouth. Gabriel's eyes found mine and Lucifer slowly turned towards me. I followed his eyes until they reached mine and shined brightly like rubies. My eyebrows furrowed and I was stunned by the emotion that his eyes held right at that moment.

So much pain...

He moved towards me and raised his arms, cupping my cheeks softly. I craned my neck, never breaking our eye contact as he looked intently at me. He stroked my cheekbone with his thumb and I melted into his touch.

"I think we both know that you would have done the same. So please, Lucifer... don't make me feel bad for choosing my mate" Gabriel said and his voice faltered in the end. Lucifer's gaze darkened as he continued to look at me. He lowered his hands, letting them fall by his side. Suddenly, his angry and hurt expression fell into an apathetic one, he straightened his back and I could almost see the wall that he started building again after the previous one was torn down by his memories.

"Where are we?" Lucifer asked as he turned to look at the sad angel again. Gabriel had that look that someone has when they haven't done anything wrong but they feel guilty about it nevertheless. His shiny white eyebrows were furrowed and his foxy blue eyes looked like clear glass.