Class fight

Aphmau woke up at her desk with the rising sun shining through her window. She sluggishly stood up, stretching her arms above her head to relieve the tension that built up during her sleep. The small woman grabbed her clothes before moving into the bathroom for a bath. She peered down at her palm, carefully plucking splinters from the arrow before turning on the water. The castle engineering was weirdly ahead of their time.

Once she was done with her bath, she turned off the water and dried herself. It was early in the morning. Her internal clock was set for 6:45 am, no matter how many times she'd fallen asleep in the previous day or how late she fell asleep, she was trained to wake up at 6:45 on the dot. There was nothing she hated more. She had never willingly been a morning person.

Aphmau changed into a long sleeved, dark purple shirt, tucking it into her black jean shorts and tying the shorts in place with a black belt. She put on her armor, starting with her chestplate, then her elbow and knee pads. Storm was also supposedly stopping at a blacksmith to get Aphmau's new chestplate that made her wings more accessable. Oddly enough, she was never given a castle uniform.

She attached her sword to her belt before leaving the room. There was note written in beautiful handwriting left outside of her door instructing her to go to the second dining area that was meant for all of the guards. She walked down the stairs, following the directions on some castle signs. The castle was huge, as she expected, but it took 30 minutes to find the damn room.

When she arrived, she pushed open the doors and there must've been 200+ people there. Most of them were wearing the guard uniforms but there were a few noticeable people that didn't have to, such as Aphmau.

Across the room standing at the end of the line for the buffet, was Travis. She approached him from behind, putting a hand on his shoulder. He spun around out of shock, ready to elbow her until he saw who it was. She raised her hand up for him to bump. "Aye, fancy seeing you here." She smirked. He bumped the back of her hand with his, handing her one of the porcelain plates.

"Isn't that the girl that guards the prince?"

"I think all of the spots in the big 8 are filled now!"

"How's the Princey job going?" Travis hummed. Aphmau shrugged.

"I'm determined to make him my friend but damn is he stubborn." The two of them scooted down the line, getting the food they wanted and stepping over to some vacant seats.

"Didn't they both come from the Bright Porrt Academy? They must be good friends."

"Is it just me or are there a lot of eyes on us?" Travis shuddered.

"It's because you guys just got here and you're already in two of the highest castle postitions." Four people sat down around them, all in different clothing. The only familiar one to Aphmau was Princess Melissa's guard, Lucinda, who was the one talking. She was one of the few witches in the academy.

"Ah yeah, Aph, meet Lucinda, Blaze, Dante, and Kawaii~Chan, or Nana. You guys, this is Aphmau." Every person at that table was wearing a more unique choice of clothing

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." Aphmau beamed. The smile on her face was infectious, encouraging the others to return the gesture.

"Hey Aphmau, did anyone tell you that since you're Prince Aaron's guard, you're part of the big 8?" Aphmau tilted her head, clearly confused. She wasn't informed of a "Big 8."

"The big 8 are chosen by the king himself, all extremely powerful guards with different abilities. We are to follow all orders from the king and basically, if we're called upon, we'll be leading wars and such. Everyone even has their own title to be referred to by the town folk." The multicolor eyed werewolf said, answering her internal question.