chapter five

Ryan's pov

"Okay, my first question. How old are you when you're little?" She seemed to ponder that for a minute.

"Well it kind of depends, but maybe between two and five?" She informed me. She was biting at her nails anxiously and playing with her hair. I pulled her hand away from her mouth, not wanting her to hurt herself. I nodded.

"Okay," I drummed fingers against my knee, trying to decide what to ask next. "What about nappies? I know you need them sometimes, but do you want them all the time?" She pondered the question for a moment before replying.

"I need them, but I do like them too. I also don't want this to be an all-the-time thing. I like the idea of being taken care of and having rules, but I still want to be able to go out with friends and drink and have fun. Does that make sense?" I took in everything she told me and nodded.

"Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, Jay. I'm okay with that too. I like the idea of taking care of you and giving you rules, but we're still friends outside of this. I still want you to have your freedom to do what you want to do and what you like to do, as long as it keeps you safe and you follow the rules when needed." She nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. Thank you for understanding Ry." I nodded and smiled at her.

"Do you want to go over rules and punishments and rewards now, then? Or later?" She contemplated it for a moment before shaking her head.

"Can we do it later?" She asked sweetly, and who could say no to that?

"Of course, love. What do you want to do now?" She looked at me shyly.

"Can we watch a movie?" She asked in a small, unsure voice. I smiled, endeared by her soft voice and curious features.

"Of course love. I have a surprise for you first though!" She gave me a giant grin and clapped her hands together.

"Really!?" I nodded. "Yayy!" She giggled. I chuckled and stared at her in adoration. I didn't understand how someone could honestly be so adorable. I pulled out the pajama set from my bag and she squealed in delight when she saw it. It made me so happy to know she liked something I had picked out for her.

I placed a fresh nappy on her before getting her dressed in her new pajamas, and when I was done, I gathered her and her things in my arms and brought her back to the couch to watch our movie.

That's exactly how the rest of the night went. We watched The Princess and the Frog, cuddled, and by the end, she was fast asleep with a dummy in her mouth, Blueberry in her arms, wrapped in a blanket in my arms.

...

I didn't remember falling asleep, but I woke up the next morning on the couch to Jaymie poking my face in an attempt to wake me up. She was giggling the entire time too, it made me completely fond of her, including her silly little antics. When I had barely opened my eyes, I saw and felt her get really close, whispering in my ear.

"Mommy! Can I have pancakes pweasee?" I looked at her pleading eyes, trying not to be swayed by her persuasive powers of cuteness this time.

"Hmm, not today, love. Sorry." I peered at her to gauge her reaction and just as I expected, her bottom lip jutted out in a pout and she gave me puppy dog eyes. My absolute weakness.

"Pwease momma," she tried again. I loved it when she called me that. It made me feel important. She hugged me innocently and sniffled into my chest. "Pweasee!" She desperately pleaded, and honestly how could I say no?

"Fine," I sighed, finally giving in. "Give me a few minutes to wake up then I'll go make some, okay?" She nodded and giggled.

"Otay mommy." I smiled, threading my fingers through her hair and kissing her forehead softly before walking off into the kitchen.

The pancakes were made and ready to eat in about 30 minutes. Honestly, we're lucky that I'm the one taking care of her and not the other way around. She can't cook to save her life, she once almost burnt the entire apartment building down when she tried to make toast. The fire alarms went off and the Fire and Rescue Service was called. It was a mess at the time, but it made me laugh recalling the memory.

I placed the plate of pancakes in front of Jaymie and she squealed and clapped her hands excitedly.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She exclaimed, making me laugh.

"You're welcome, angel, but, you got your pancakes, so we gotta talk about rules and such okay?" She pouted at me, knowing what that meant. "Can I talk to big girl JJ please?" She nodded sadly and sighed.

"Okay," she replied, letting me know she was back to her non-regressed self. I smiled at her appreciatively.

"Thank you, love." She nodded, blushing a bit at the pet name.

"What are we going over again?" She asked, blushing from her forgetfulness. I thought it was endearing. I laughed and tapped her nose.

"You're cute," I laughed. "But to refresh your memory, rules, punishments, and rewards. How does that sound?" She nodded.

"Yeah, sounds okay."

"Well great," I smiled. "Let's begin."

A/N: Here's chapter five! I hope you don't mind the shorter chapters since I update quite often, I know this one is quite short though, so sorry about that! Let me know what you think of it so far, I would really love to hear some feedback and your input! Enjoy! xx

Question of the day! What's your favourite place you've ever been to? Mine is probably New Zealand! It was amazing, and I'd love to go back!