chapter fourteen

Ryan's pov

The rest of the day was spent watching Disney movies with a very quiet, very little, and very cuddly Jaymie. I gave her some medicine after my phone call, which seemed to work for a few hours because she wasn't fussy unless she needed a nappy change, and she only quietly babbled while snuggling up to me and practically purring whenever I played with her hair.

I gave her a bubble bath in the evening, followed by more medicine and some angel's milk, but other than that, it was a very mellow day. She was already yawning with droopy eyelids by half six, so I decided it would be as good of a time as any to put her to bed.

I brushed the hair from her eyes as she drank from the bottle in my hands, humming softly to keep her still. She wore a white long-sleeved onesie with a jumping lamb on the front. It said 'so happy' and it seemed so perfect for her. In all honesty, she was an angel when she was little, sure, she occasionally got a bit fussy, but it was usually because she was hungry or needed a nappy change. Other than that, though, she was so sweet and precious. I still didn't quite understand how I got so lucky. 

Within mere minutes of giving the bottle to her, she was out, just as I figured she'd be

Within mere minutes of giving the bottle to her, she was out, just as I figured she'd be. I sat quietly, still holding Jaymie in my arms, simply observing her. I watched as her eyes would twitch ever so slightly, and I watched a small smile grow on her lips whenever I would play with her hair. As if she was perfectly content just being in my arms and taken care of, and to be honest, I was perfectly content with that too. Her hair was soft to my touch, and her eyelashes laid perfectly against her cheeks. She was perfect, and everything about this moment was perfect. Grey's Anatomy was absentmindedly playing in the background, but I paid it no attention. I spent the rest of the night watching Jaymie and just admiring her beauty until sleep finally took over and I was left with dreams of the darling girl in my arms.

...

Jaymie had slept through the whole night, and my morning she had come out of the super-deep headspace. She was still little, but fortunately, she was big enough to understand what I said to her, which may not have been the best thing for her since I regretfully told her she had to see the doctor.

"Listen to me, bubs," I tried to reason through all of the screaming and crying. "I know you don't want to go sweetheart, but you're sick." She stomped her foot, continuing to throw her little temper tantrum.

"No! Don wanna go! Meanie momma, meanie!" She screamed, trying to run off. I grabbed her waist before she could get far and pulled her into my lap.

"Jaymie Gwen," I scolded. " We do not throw temper tantrums. You need to listen to me right now, do you understand?" I said making sure my voice was stern, but wouldn't make things worse. She cowered away a bit but nodded. "I know you don't like the doctor, but mommy will be with you the entire time okay? He is very nice and will not hurt you." She nodded with a sniffle but made no effort to accept what I was saying. "And," I sighed in defeat. "If you are a super good girl while we are there, I will take you for some ice cream. How does that sound?" She perked up at the mention of the frozen treat.

"Weally?" She asked, not quite sure if I was telling the truth or not. When I nodded in confirmation, she started to squeal, clapping her hands together.

"But!" I interrupted, making her deflate a bit. "Only if you're good. Do you understand?" She nodded. "That means no more temper tantrums, little one," I said tapping her on the nose and smiling, making her giggle.

"Wes momma, me knows. I be good, pomise," she said holding out her pinky to mine. I locked them together and kissed her thumb.

"Good girl."

...

Turns out being good, was a lot easier said than done for her. There was no screaming per se, but there were definitely some tears shed, and she definitely wasn't happy about going in there. She let me know it too. I had to remind her quite a few times to behave and threaten the ice cream again, but we eventually made it into the office and to the room we were assigned, and after about ten minutes, Jaymie's doctor walked in.

"Good morning, ladies," Dr. Michelle greeted. He was short and had a salt and pepper beard. He was an older man and looked very comforting. He had kind eyes.

"Good morning," I replied, and Jaymie gave a little wave.

"What seems to be the problem?" Jaymie looked to me, so I explained everything while she nervously sat, shooting me concerned looks and biting at her fingernails.

Dr. Michelle, checked her throat, ears, nose, and pressed on her tummy which made Jaymie giggle. In the end, he decided it was just a bug and it would pass in a day or two. He told her to drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest, if it wasn't any better then she could come back in to check with him.

She grabbed my hand as I bid goodbye and we walked out.

"See that wasn't so bad," I told her. "You were such a good girl for me." She smiled at the praise.

"Fanks ou," she giggled. "Ice cweam now?" She pleaded, bouncing up and down. I couldn't help but laugh at her enthusiasm.

"Ice cream now," I confirmed laughing as she dragged me as fast as she could to the car. 

A/N: Here you go! I hope you enjoyed! Comment, vote, and feel free to share with others! Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read this! It means a lot to me :) Enjoy xx

Question of the day! What is your dream car? Mine is a jeep!