chapter seven

Ryan's pov

As soon as we got to the ice cream parlour, Jaymie ran straight to the front to stare at the flavours they offered. She wanted to try all of them, she told me in the car. Once she got to the front though and the lady asked her what she wanted to try, she got shy and tried hiding behind me. She tugged on my arm so I would turn my head and bow down a bit since she was a bit shorter than me, and she could whisper in my ear.

"Mommy?" She whispered, holding my hand.

"Yes, love?"

"She's wookin at me funny and I scawed, will ou owder for me pwease?" I looked up, and sure enough, the cashier was staring at us with a weird look. Jaymie was dressed a bit more little-ish today, but she looked adorable. She wore a pink shirt with a strawberry on it and a red tutu-like skirt. She had red lacy socks and pink jelly shoes. She also had a white mini backpack resting on her back. I huffed, annoyed at the cashier, but turned my focus back on my little and best friend. 

"Of course, bunny

"Of course, bunny. What would you like?" She pondered for a moment before giving a large smile that took over her entire face.

"Stwabewy pwease!" I smiled and tapped her nose.

"One strawberry ice cream coming right up," I said, causing her to squeal.

Once we got our ice cream, we sat down and I handed her her strawberry cone. She giggled, clapping her hands together.

"Tank ou, momma!" She said right before shoving a large portion in her petite mouth, but getting 95% of it on her face instead. I laughed at her little quirks. I knew by the end, she would need a good cleaning, but I let it be for now.

As I predicted, by the end she was a complete mess. I did the best I could with the napkins we had, but I ultimately decided I'd just give her a bath when we got home.

...

"Alright, little one. It's bath time," I said bringing her into the house. She had started drifting off to sleep on our way back, so she was a bit drowsy now.

"Nuu," she protested sleepily. "Don wanna."

"You're all sticky, love. Gotta take a bath, but if you want I'll add in some bubbles. How does that sound? I bought it at the shop the other day, it's even strawberry scented." She perked up a bit at that.

"Reawwy?"

"Mhm," I nodded in confirmation.

"Otay!" She ran in and up towards the stairs. It cracked me up how quickly she could change moods like that.

"Hey, no running up the stairs," I warned. I didn't want her to fall and get hurt.

"Sowwy, mommy." She frowned.

"It's okay, you just have to be careful. We don't want any accidents! Head on up and get undressed, I'll grab the bubble bath and start the water, okay?" She nodded.

"Otay mommy, I goes now."

"Okay baby." I shook my head and gave a short laugh. She was definitely something.

I waited for a few minutes for the water to get to the proper temperature for her. When it was just right, I added in the bubble bath and watched it form into a foamy mountain.

It had been a few minutes and she still hadn't come into the bathroom, so I decided to check on her. Maybe I should've just had her come to the bathroom straight away, so I could help her. She had been pretty little all day after our talk and at the ice cream parlour.

"Jaymie?" I said, knocking on the door. All I received in response was a whine from behind it. "I'm coming in, Jay. Are you alr-" I cut myself off doubled over in laughter when I saw the state she was in. She just whined, trying to get my help. She had gotten herself stuck. Her head was in one of the armholes in her shirt, and one leg in her skirt and the other in. She whined again, so I ran over to help free her from her clothed prison, still laughing.

"S'not funny," she pouted once I had helped her get everything off and herself unstuck. She made grabby hands for me, so I picked her up and carried her to the bathroom, placing her gently in the tub when we got there. She made content noises as she splashed around for a bit, giggling whenever it would splash onto me. I couldn't even be mad that I was getting all wet. It was too cute and she was having so much fun. I couldn't ruin that for her.

When she was done playing and I had washed her hair and body and she was all clean, I pulled her out and wrapped her in the biggest and softest towel we had, she was practically drawing in it.

I gave her an option between bunny nighty or a Winnie-the-Pooh jammie set, and she decided on the Winnie one, giggling because piglet was on there too. It was still kind of early, but she wanted to put on some jammies, so I figured we could eat some food and have a quiet night. I changed her nappy quickly before putting the pajamas on her. 

"Momma, Momma!" She said, repeatedly pulling on my sleeve to get my attention

"Momma, Momma!" She said, repeatedly pulling on my sleeve to get my attention. I hummed showing I was listening. "Can we watch Winnie da pooh toni' pwease?! I wuvvv Winnie momma!"

"I know you do, princess. Of course, we can watch it! What would you like for dinner?"

"Nuggies, nuggies, nuggiesss!!" She chanted, squealing right into my ear. I giggled at her enthusiasm.

"Nuggies it is,"

"Yes!" She exclaimed, pumping her fists excitedly. "Tank ou, mommy," she said, hugging me tightly as if I had just given her the best gift in the world. I combed my fingers through her hair.

"You're welcome, angel," I whispered in her ear, kissing her temple. 

A/N: Here's chapter seven! Thank you again to everyone who has read and voted! Enjoy! xx

Question of the day! Do you like camping? I love it when I'm with the right people!