epilogue

Ryan's pov

Everything was perfect. Who knew that my best friend and roommate would end up being the love of my life? My soulmate? Today was our one-year anniversary, it was half seven in the morning and Jaymie was sleeping soundly in our bed, curled into my side. We had turned her room into her playroom when she was little, but she slept with me every night now. I watched as she peacefully breathed in and out against my chest. Her hair was messy and with each breath out, the pieces that covered her face flew out before falling back down. I brushed them so they wouldn't wake her up.

We had decided that we were going to have a mellow day, just like that day one year ago. I laid down so my face was facing her as I kissed her all over her gorgeous face. I pecked each of her cheeks before pecking her forehead, nose, and finally her lips. I continued the pattern until I noticed her eyelids flutter slightly. I rubbed her back and played with her hair the way I knew she liked when she was waking up in the morning.

"Jaymie, baby," I soothed, attempting to coax her awake. "C'mon baby, it's time to wake up," I said, repeating the kissing pattern on her face one more time. She groaned a bit, but after a few minutes, eventually accepted that it was time to wake up and slowly opened her eyes. "That's it, angel, wake up for me." She blinked up at me, scrunching her nose cutely and I could tell that she was little. "Good morning, bubba. Is my baby little today?" I asked, tickling her side a little bit, causing her to release an adorable giggle.

"Hi hi mommy," she giggled, blushing and burying her neck into my chest. I laughed, running my finger over her cheek. "Mommy 'day our anivewsity?" She asked cutely, trying to pronounce 'anniversary'. I laughed at her attempts.

"Yeah baby, today's our anniversary," I kissed her nose. "What do you want to do today?" I asked. She pondered the question for a moment.

"Cuddles!" She exclaimed. "Wif wots and wots of movies and ice cweam!" She added giggling when I kissed her neck, tickling her. That was exactly what we had planned for today anyway, so it was perfect.

"That sounds like a great plan, petal." I agreed, before picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder, laughing when she squealed. Hearing her laugh was the best part of my day, I was so lucky to have her. I pulled her off of my shoulder, but kept her in my arms, resting her on my hip as I carried her down the stairs to make some breakfast. "You want some breaky, love?" I asked her, laughing when she nodded frantically.

"Wes, wes, wes! I wan pancakes, mommy!!" She yelled, I would've scolded her, but it was a good day. I could let it slide, just for today.

"Pancakes it is," I confirmed, placing her on the counter so I could make the batter. She helped a little bit, well, she tried to help.

After the pancakes had finished, I decided that for today, since it was a special occasion, we could eat on the couch while watching a movie. She curled into my lap as I fed her pieces of her chocolate pancake and we watched The Bee Movie. I would continuously take breaks, giving her kisses and reminding her how much I loved her.

Jaymie's pov

A few hours and a nap later, I woke up cuddled into Ryan's lap. I was big again, but that didn't stop me from holding onto my girlfriend. I loved moments like this, ones where I woke up before her. She always held me, always protected me, and always took care of me. I love it, don't get me wrong, but I love moments where I get to hold her and take care of her. I love repaying her and reciprocating all of the love she gives me. I never want her to doubt how much I love her.

I played with her hair and stroked her face, the same way she knew I liked when I was waking up. I kissed her face in the pattern she did to mine. I kissed each of her cheeks, followed by her forehead, nose, and finally her lips. I was about to pull away when I felt her start to kiss me back, smiling into the kiss. It was just like our first kiss. Soft and sweet. Tender and tasting of her watermelon chapstick.

After we had pulled away, I pressed my forehead to hers, our noses touching as well. She sat up and pulled me into her arms rocking me back and forth. I was so overwhelmed with happiness and love, that I started to cry. She wiped my tears away with the pads of her thumbs and kissed my cheek, looking at me worriedly.

"Hey, baby," she soothed. "Don't cry, angel. What's got you so sad, huh?" She asked, wiping more tears that had fallen. I took a few breaths, sniffling.

"M'not sad, they're happy tears," I said, pulling her in for a kiss. "Just overwhelmed," I confessed when I pulled away. "I love you so much." She placed her forehead against mine, kissing my nose.

"I love you too, baby. So, so much." I nodded, sniffling again before leaning against her chest, letting her arms wrap around me. After a few minutes of silence, she spoke up again. "Better, baby?" I nodded.

"I'm okay," I said, pulling her into an upside-down kiss. "I'll always be okay, as long as you hold me in your arms."

A/N: Here's the epilogue! I can't believe this story is over, it's so crazy!! Thank you so so so much to everyone who has commented and voted! I meant to do this on the last chapter, but a special shout-out to @Anaisliu for voting on all of my chapters, it means so much to me! For the next few stories I'm planning, I will have an enemies to lovers story, I am planning on doing an mdlg book of one shots (so if you have any requests for that one let me know!) as well as another one shot collection (THESE ONES WILL BE ALL SMUT, so don't read if that's not your thing!) For all of the one shot collections, I would love you all to send me requests! Either comment on the story once it's up, or personally message me! You guys are so amazing, please continue to comment vote, and share, thank you guys for everything on this story, it means so much xx See you all soon x

Question of the day! What is your favourite way of showing people you love them? I love music, so I love to make people playlists to show them how much they mean to me!