twenty four - Двадцать четыре

When we made it to Wakanda, I was overwhelmed at how beautiful it all was. The tall beautiful buildings and all the different vibrant colors along with advanced technology was astonishing. Bucky matched my excitement as we landed at the tallest building, we stepped out and we were met with the Black Panther, King T'Challa.

"James, it is good to see you again," T'Challa came forward and pulled Bucky in for a hug.

"You must be Helina Levitsky, it is an honor," King T'Challa said as he pulled away from Bucky and took my hand, placing a kiss on it. I looked at Bucky and he smiled.

"Your highness thank you for having us," I said with a smile. The King smiled back at me before clapping his hands together.

"Right this way, I will be taking you to your quarters for the time being while Shuri works on that favor for Barnes," T'Challa winked at Bucky before he lead the way, several more Dora Milaje appeared as Ayo and the others took Zemo away.

"What favor?" I whispered to Bucky, he placed his hand at the small of my back whispering into my ear.

"I asked if they would make something for Sam," was all he said a proud smirk on his face as we continued to follow King T'Challa. It was really sweet of Bucky to work on something for Sam and I smiled at how far the pair had come. They came from hating each other to almost friends.

The King gave us the grand tour, showing us the lab where we got to meet Shuri. She even explained how she created Bucky's arm and some other fun things.

Before we knew it, it was hours later, and King T'Challa had just brought us to the place where we would be staying. We stepped inside to a small apartment with large windows and beautiful art everywhere. It felt like a fancy vacation home.

"Thank you, your highness," I said turning to the King. He shook his head.

"T'Challa," he smiled and I nodded.

"Thank you T'Challa," I smiled before he disappeared into the hallway shutting the door behind him. Bucky immediately turned to me scooping me up in his arms making me giggle. My hands found themselves in a familiar place on either of Bucky's cheeks.

"God I love it here," he said spinning me around before walking over to the bed flopping me onto it. He leaned down to kiss me as I giggled but I shook my head pushing on his chest.

"Nope, I'm going to take advantage of what I'm guessing is a beautiful shower before anything else tries to happen," I teased Bucky. He gave me a sad pout as he flopped beside me. I scooted away from him but he stopped me, pinning me down to the bed.

"Bucky.." I groaned pulling his arm off of me and he sighed falling onto his back.

"I won't be long," I winked at him as I turned the corner to what I was guessing was the bathroom. I opened a door and there was a beautiful clean bathroom with a large shower. I realized I didn't have any clothes to change into and went back to Bucky to find some.

He had an excited look on his face when he saw me but I put my hand out stopping him from getting off the bed. I noticed a dresser opposite the bed and rummaged through it finding a soft, green dress, pulling it out.

"I'm not done, and when, I am we are going to talk about Ayo.." I said in a serious tone looking at Bucky. His face fell into that somber look I recognized but this time I was serious. No one was stopping us from having this conversation now and I knew there was something he wasn't telling me.

I disappeared into the bathroom and started the shower, hopping in as soon as it got warm. I took my time cleaning off all the sweat, letting the water relax my muscles. I was thinking of the book Bucky had, what Zemo knew about my past and what Ayo knew. I remembered when Zemo said my full name to Selby in Madripoor, the look on their face right before they were shot. All these things consumed my mind until the water turned cold.

When I was finally done I stepped out and dried off using the towels in there. I pulled the dress on over me and looked in the mirror. It was simple, green and as soft as could be.

I took my hair out of the towel and was drying it when I heard the crash of what sounded like glass breaking.

"Bucky?" I called from the bathroom. There was no answer. I dropped the towel and ran out of the bathroom and into the rest of the apartment and found Bucky on his knees on the floor beside the liquor cart.

Immediately, I ran to him, ignoring the shards of glass surrounding him I knelt down placing my hands on the side of his face, pulling his gaze to me. He looked at me with the most heartbreaking face I'd ever seen.

His cheeks were red and his eyes were puffy. A tear fell from his eye as he looked at me. He dropped what was left of the broken glass on the ground beside him, the fragile fragments breaking as it fell.

"Bucky what's wrong?" I asked tears welling in my eyes, my heart breaking at the sight of seeing Bucky like this. He seemed so broken as he shook his head, hanging it low.

"Buck..talk to me," I spoke softly as I moved one hand from his cheek placing it over the hand that once held the broken glass.

After a moment he looked up at me. His eyes moved between mine looking for something as if it were buried in my eyes. Worry was etched all over my face as I brought my hand back to his cheek.

"Bucky what it is it?" I begged him to tell me what happened in the 20 minutes I was in the shower.

He looked at me with those beautiful, blue orbs that were so full of sadness. He placed his hands over mine as I held his face, turning into one of my hands and kissing them softly. A single tear fell down his cheek and I wiped it away with my thumb. A matching tear fell down my cheek as I looked at him with worry.

"Bucky.." I breathed out. I was so worried and scared at this point I could feel my heart beat in my finger tips. He paused a moment, the sadness hung in the silence as Bucky looked at me his hands resting on my wrists now, as if this was going to be the last time he saw me.

"It was me," he said, his voice barely above a whisper as he held my gaze. I shook my head.

"What are you talking about Buck?" I laughed awkwardly leaning forward to kiss his forehead but he pulled away from me.

"It was me Lina,"

"What was you?" I asked oblivious to what he was saying as I wiped away the wetness from his cheeks.

"I was the one, that night," he whispered, his lip quivering as he looked at me.

"That's why you're in my book," Bucky paused scanning my face as I tried to put together what he was saying.

"I'm the one who killed your father.."