thirty three - Тридцать три

Bucky and I stayed on the floor of my apartment kitchen for awhile. The two of us just enjoying the other's embrace. I could feel the tension and anxiety radiating off of Bucky as my back was pressed against his chest. He held me in his lap as close as possible as if I were the only thing keeping him grounded.

My fingers traced small figures over his hands as he continued to lay his head in the crook of my neck.

After a few more moments of silence Bucky shifted underneath me. I sat up and turned to look at him, giving him a confused look. His eyes moved between mine as if he were searching for answers.

"What Buck?" I asked turning around in his lap placing my hand on his cheek. He held my hand softly, turning his face into my hand to plant a soft kiss.

"I need to talk to him.." he said softly resting his face against my hand. I blinked a few times as I looked at Bucky.

"He deserves to know the truth," Bucky sighed softly.

"Okay.." I said moving off of Bucky's lap and standing up. I put my hand out and helped Bucky up, the two of us standing in the kitchen waiting for the other to speak.

Bucky ran a frustrated hand through his hair before walking past me to grab his shirt. He pulled on a jacket and his gloves and I stood there watching him, unsure of what to do.

"I'll be back, it'll be better if it's just me," Bucky said to me, but seemed like he was explaining it to himself. I nodded, walking over as Bucky finished situating himself.

He looked so worried and nervous, all I wanted to do was hold him. I wanted to make sure he knew what it wasn't his fault.

I should've known that night in Wakanda that it wasn't his fault.

I put my hand out to him, and Bucky laced our fingers together. He gave me a small sad smile as I stood on my tip toes to plant a quick kiss to his lips.

"I'll be right here waiting for you," I promised Bucky as I held his hand, looking into his piercing blue eyes. He nodded before placing a a soft kiss to my temple. Bucky let go of my hand and as soon I saw him touch the doorknob I spoke up.

"Buck.."

"Yeah?" he said turning to look at me.

"You didn't have choice...

..back then I mean.." I said softly, my eyes tearing up as I thought of all Hydra had put the most important person in my life through.

I watched Bucky's shoulders drop for a second before he nodded and left through my front door, leaving me to wait and worry.

————————

While Bucky was gone I couldn't help but pace, and anxiously clean. Once I had cleaned my living room best I could, I went right back to pacing in front of my couch eyeing the door.

I was worried how Yori would take it, he loved his son more than anyone in this world.

I loved Bucky more than anyone in this world...

I knew he wasn't a monster, but it took me lots of thinking and realizing to deal with and understand it. It broke my heart to think Yori would never want to see Bucky again.

I picked at my cuticles as I stared at that door, waiting.

Then I watched the doorknob slowly turn, making shoot you off the couch and walk over as Bucky stepped through the door.

His eyes were red and the moment our eyes met, Bucky's eyes began to water. His lips began to quiver as he tried to speak.

"I..uhm..he," he stuttered. His eyes stared deep into mine. Bucky's lip quivered as I took slow steps towards him. Reaching his arms out he pulled me into him. I held him for a moment as my cheek pressed into his chest. His arms wrapped around me tightly as he began to sob.