Chapter 8

"Speaking"
'Thinking'
"All Might/ Announcement"
Author speaking
*Action occurring*
Narrator speaking
————————————————

It was the time for the third event, the 1v1s. Before the first match started, Todoroki challenged Midoriya saying that he would beat him without his fire side. Midoriya on the other hand was a bit pissed seeing how Todoroki didn't take Midoriya seriously and was saying that he would beat the tournament with just half his power. He got his anger from being around Bakugo.
The 1v1s started and the first match was Midoriya vs Shinso.
"Hah, life must be so easy for you because you have such a great quirk, such a heroic quirk." Shinso taunted, trying to bait Midoriya into talking.
Midoriya knew about Shinso's quirk but replied anyways "I believe you don't need a good and heroic quirk as you put it, all you need is a good heart, hope and the intention to save people no matter what."
Shinso was taked aback by his words but then smirked as he knew he had Midoriya in his control and ordered him to walk out. Midoriya obliged and started to walk towards the boundary, but Midoriya wasn't actually in Shinso's control as he had been powering OFA in his brain, so it allowed him to resist Shinso's quirk.
Midoriya was just about to walk out of the bounds and Shinso was just about to be declared winner, then suddenly Midoriya turned around and seemingly disappeared from his position and reappeared behind Shinso.
"You didn't think it would be that easy right?" Midoriya casually asked.
"Wha- wait what!!" Shinso exclaimed absolutely shocked. Midoriya then said," By the way Shinso, I believe anyone can be a hero, it doesn't depend on their quirk."
Shinso was on the verge of tears but hid it, still unbelievably happy on the inside to see that someone actually believed in him. Nevertheless he had to try win and tried to tackle Midoriya, however got pinned to the ground in less than 5 seconds. Midoriya won the match.
(Imma skip to Midoriya vs Todoroki)
Both of them were on the arena ready.
"Todoroki if you're not gonna use your full power, I will then stay here without moving"
"Stop mocking me!!!" Todoroki shouted in anger.
"I am not the one mocking you, instead you're the one mocking the others, thinking you can beat everyone who is doing their absolute best by just HALF YOUR POWER!" Midoriya roared.
Todoroki was taken aback by the sudden outburst but proceeded to launch a great ice wave at Midoriya, who easily countered it with a small Destructor Hakai. He formed a blade at his hand with his destructor hakai and kept swiping at all the ice waves Todoroki sent towards him while still haven't moved from his original spot, even not a inch.
"Fight me seriously!!" Todoroki shouted.
"Not until you do."
"How much did my father pay you for this?"
"He didn't, I just got pissed by when you said you will take me down without using your full power. I am seeing that you are slowing down by the cold temperature and you can counter it with your fire side can't you?"
"I WILL NEVER USE HIS POWER!"
"It isn't his power, it is your power. If you gave the fire side of your quirk to another kid, would you call them Endeavour just cause of their quirk?"
"What? Of course no that's a stupid question"
"You may have gotten your quirk from him, but that doesn't make it his quirk, it is YOUR GODDAMN QUIRK!"
*Todoroki realised and activates his fire side*
Fire covered his left side, melting away the ice formed on him.
"Now who is not taking their match seriously" Todoroki said with a smirk.
"Heh, how about we end it with one final attack?" Midoriya said.
"Fine by me"
As both of them charged a attack, Cemmentoss and Midnight were about to stop the match before Nezu spoke in their earpieces "Don't stop the match, I wanna see how it plays out"
As Midoriya launched a Electrical Hakai, powered by the kinetic energy in his Wind Hakai, Todoroki shot a glacier of ice and a huge pillar of fire. Both attacks collided and created a huge smoke screen. When the smoke cleared, everyone saw Midoriya standing in his same place with his shirt completely destroyed by the collision, but with no visible harm. Whereas Todoroki was somewhat launched into a wall which now had a lot of cracks in it and was unconscious on the floor. Midoriya was declared the winner.
Now was the time for the Finale match.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, now is the match you all have been waiting for, the finale between Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugo!" Present Mic shouted through the speakers.
Both of the contestants got ready to fight, and the match began.
Bakugo straight up launched a Howitzer Impact at Midoriya who blocked it with a Wind Hakai in his palm. The Hakai absorbed the explosion and then Midoriya launched the Hakai at Bakugo who was still recovering from the recoil of the explosion.
As soon as the Hakai launched, it shot a concentrated version of the Howitzer Impact back at Bakugo who seemed to dodge it just in time before it did a fatal wound to him, though he did get his left arm burned and the floor were he was standing previously completely wrecked and a lot of cuts and minor bruises. However Bakugo still had to deal with the Hakai which hit him straight in his gut before he could do anything. This caused Bakugo to fall down in pain.
Midoriya rushed to Bakugo thinking he was hurt badly but as soon as he reached near, Bakugo launched a explosion at him, as him falling down was just an act. Midoriya deflected the explosion with a Hakai just before it could hit him. Bakugo seized this moment to go behind Midoriya and try to launch a explosion at him. Keyword TRIED. Midoriya predicted his trick and made a explosion of his own at his back, causing him to go forward and Bakugo backwards. Midoriya quickly charged a Hakai and slammed it in the ground, which secretly rushed towards Bakugo and exploded at his feet, though timed in a way so it doesn't do any serious damage. Bakugo however was launched out of the bounds and Midoriya was declared winner.
(Alright peeps imma end it here, cya next chapter :D)
————————————————
1079 Words
————————————————