Chapter 3. Teenagers Don't Eat Deer

"Wow," Deaton breathed out in amazement as he gazed at Derek's teenage body. We had driven back to Beacon Hills with his sleeping figure looming on me in the back. I was still stuck on the fact that the only thing he said was my name. 

Yes, it's odd that Derek is somehow like, our age again, but the fact that he said my name over anything and everything he could have said when we pulled him out of the wall, was still eating away at my mind. 

Stiles glanced at Deaton, "Wow? Wow as in ''I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do,'' kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow we're hoping for." 

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton stated as his eyes flickered over to Stiles. 

Derek's hand was clutching mine tightly, but apart from that the rest of his body was completely still. I didn't want to pull my hand away in fear that it might wake him up and cause him to go on a slight rampage. 

"Uh, he's cold... like, we're talking colder than me when I wake up in the morning, which if you didn't know, is really freaking cold." I mumbled as I took in the non-amused glances my pack was giving me. 

Deaton rolled his eyes before grabbing a small light and lifting Derek's eyelids, checking his pupils as he directed the beam of brightness into his eyes. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

I never thought I would live to see the day where we had stumbled upon something that Deaton knew next to nothing about.

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles questioned. 

Deaton blinked, "Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him here with me. He'll be safe here." 

I was trying to pry my hand out of Derek's relentless grip. I can't stay here with him holding my hand all night, I do have to go to school tomorrow and I can't very well drag him there with me all because he wont let go of my hand.

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles stated.

Wait, what did I miss? I wasn't even listening to the conversation going on around me. My attention was focussed on Derek at the moment. I don't understand how he can be holding my hand so tight while he's unconscious... and why the hell is he even holding my hand. I can't remember him even grabbing my hand in the first place.

My mind is swirling around so many different things at once and I can't understand any of it. Apparently Kate Argent is alive and is a were jaguar or something similar, Derek is now a teenager, Malia informed me that she was attacked by something earlier this evening and she has a gash to prove it, and I have to process all of this while baby Derek is squeezing my hand and amping my ability up. 

I don't know what he's doing, but it feels like I'm teetering between one place in my mind and another. It's similar to how I felt when then Oni was inside of me and I would lose time. Derek is obviously trying to tell me something, but he can't seem to get the message across fully because of the current state he is in.