Chapter 23. Draining

Everything was fuzzy, and I knew it was because of the blood loss. I'm not sure if I blacked out or I just can't remember, but Scott is gone. Everyone's gone... I'm alone in this room, bleeding out on a rock. My head felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. I'm not healing, and I know it's because of the damn plants intertwined on the straps. If I could just get out of these straps... I can heal. 

"How many times have you blacked out?" Kate hummed as she waltzed into the room, her eyes shining with amusement. 

I bit down on my lip and looked away from her, I'm not going to let her get in my head. I have to be strong and keep up hope. I have to hope that I can get out of here. 

She chuckled, "Scott's doing great... if you were wondering. He's already killed Kira." 

"What?" I gasped, giving her my undivided attention. 

Kate nodded, "I had to test his loyalty... sure, you would have been the ultimate test-- but I didn't want to possibly screw up the ritual." 

Kira's dead? My heart was swelling in my chest and not in a good way. Does Scott really have no idea what he's doing? He couldn't' fight the urge and stay strong? Maybe he's got a bit of the darkness inside of him too. The same darkness that I have. I'm going to have to use that darkness to get out of here. Kate was right, I can't play hero. I need to save myself before I even think about trying to save anyone else. 

There's not a doubt in my mind that Peter is behind this. Kate said herself that she was killing two birds with one stone, and I'm sure that Satan in a V-neck wants my brother dead. I have a feeling that everyone is coming to find us, and Peter is deceiving them yet again. I hope he doesn't have a hold of Malia's head yet... if she does what he asks her too, who knows what could happen. If Scott is a Berserker, they're going to kill him, because they won't know it's him.

"You're not going to beat us, Kate." I coughed out.

She chuckled, "I've already won, sweetheart." 

With that, she was gone. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. I hope that Kate was bluffing about Kira being dead. I have to believe that she's alive because she's my only hope of getting out of these restraints. I felt my ability to remain conscious slipping away and once again I was drifting off into darkness.

"It is freezing in here," I mumbled as I laced up my skates, Stiles and I were sitting on the bleachers putting on our skates and getting everything ready so we could go out on the ice. I should have brought a jacket, but instead I thought wearing a cute little blue sweater would be a better idea.

Stiles chuckled as he pulled a neon orange jacket out of his backpack, "Here, you can wear this."

I glanced at it before looking up to him with a smile, "I appreciate the offer, but orange and blue don't look all that well together, plus Lydia is here and I don't feel like listening to her bitch about it."

"But it's the color's of the mets?" he gaped at me. 

I rolled my eyes, "Still doesn't mean that they are good together."

"Okay, um, maybe orange and blue is not the best. Right, um, you know, sometimes there's other things you wouldn't think would be a good combination but end up turning out to be like, a perfect combination, you know, like... two people together. Who nobody ever thought would be together, ever." he mumbled as he adverted his gaze from me and instead focused on tying his skate.

The smile on my face was starting to cause me actual pain due to how large it was, he was talking about us. About how he thinks we are perfect together, and I can't even begin to think of ways to explain how cute and adorable that is. I never would have thought Stiles Stilinski would be saying stuff like this to me, ever.