Chapter 22. Two Birds, One Stone

I was afraid that Liam's parents would find me in his bedroom, so once I knew that he was sound asleep, I climbed out of his window. I would have gone out the front door, but I didn't have a key and I had no idea where Liam had his. So, once the rain had slowed and Dunbaby was fast asleep, I climbed out of his bedroom window. The drop to the ground was scary, but I managed to land on my two feet and not fall. I then walked back to my house and got a few hours of sleep before I had to wake up and get ready for school. It was a long day and I felt like a zombie for 90% of it. Plus, Stiles bailed on me after fourth bell because he was getting "sick".

When the final bell rang, I rushed straight home so I could get some sleep. I was the definition of exhausted. As soon as I got through the front door, I dropped my bag on the floor and made my way upstairs. Scott was off getting some big fancy date set up for him and Kira, and my mom was working as usual. I had the house to myself. Just as I reached the top step, my cell phone rang. 

I groaned as I pulled it out of my pocket and answered it, not bothering to check the caller ID, "Hello?"

"Hey!" Malia chirped happily on the other end of the line.

I rubbed at my eyes tiredly, "What's up?" 

"Well... Stiles' dad is taking me out for pizza. He said that Stiles told him he has to babysit because you two have something planned." she explained, I could hear Sheriff Stilinski asking someone about getting Deer on a pizza. 

My head reeled back in confusion, "Stiles and I don't have anything planned?" 

"I was supposed to tell you that you need to go to your bedroom and to have fun. Okay, bye!" she chuckled before ending the call. 

What the hell is she talking about?

I slid my phone back into my pocket and walked into my bedroom, my eyes widening as soon as I entered. There were fairy lights strung all around my room and an envelope on my bed. My heart was jumping around wildly as I made my way to my bed and ripped the envelope open. 

Kasey, 

We haven't gone on a date in awhile and I figured if Scott could do it for Kira, I can do it for you. Plus, you deserve it. Turn around, sweetheart.

I did as the note instructed and I smiled widely when I saw Stiles standing in the doorway, he had the keys to the jeep in one hand and an energy drink in the other. I let out a laugh as I walked towards him grabbing the energy drink and smiling brightly, "What is this?"

"This is me being romantic," he said with a grin, "I know that you're tired, and a nap is on the agenda... but I need you awake until we get there." 

"You're so cute," I chuckled as I popped the tab of the Monster can open. I glanced around at my room and instantly fell in love with the soft glow from the lights. It was beautiful and I was highly considering leaving them like this all the time.

Stiles shrugged, "I do what I can. So, you ready?" 

"Where are we going?" I asked as he pulled me out of my room and down the stairs. 

I didn't care if I was tired, because honestly the idea of going on an adventure with Stiles that wasn't dangerous and could only end in a good way was extremely more enticing than some sleep. Plus, he did say a nap was on the agenda... so I would get to sleep eventually. 

He laughed, "I can't tell you." 

"Did you help Scott set up his date for Kira? Is that why you weren't at school today?" I asked curiously.

Stiles opened the door of his jeep for me and I climbed in, he closed the door softly and then jogged around the front end and then he climbed inside as well. He keyed the ignition and nodded, "Yeah. He needed help setting all of the light bulbs up."