Chapter 9. One Kiss

The events from two nights ago were weighing heavy on my mind as I lay in Stiles' bed. He had gotten up to get some breakfast a few moments ago and Malia jumped out the window to go hunt her morning deer briefly after his departure. I didn't want to get out of bed today. To be honest, I would much rather lay here and forget about everything that's going on in my life. This year was supposed to be different. We were supposed to be able to live relatively normal lives without some type of catastrophic even taking place. 

I should have known that was just too much to hope for.

The conversation between Stiles, Malia and myself was currently swirling about in my head. After the kiss from Malia, which I still need to address with her, and the fact that my eyes were purple was pointed out... Malia began to ask questions that I just couldn't give her the answers to.

"What do you mean they're purple?" 

Panic was seeping into my bloodstream as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and turned the front facing camera on. I was met with my eyes glowing a rich and luminous violet. I had seen blue, yellow and red eyes before... but never purple. This was new, this was my hybrid form showing itself to the world. 

Stiles let out an uneven sigh, "Okay, so I guess you have finished your transition now."

"What transition?" Malia asked immediately, taking a step towards me protectively. She was unsure and nervous about the situation, I can feel the emotions emitting from her like heat from a space heater. 

I blinked rapidly and rubbed at my eyes, attempting to make the purple glowsticks go away. I can't go back upstairs looking like this. I still have to find Lydia and pay the guy for the beer. I glanced at myself in my camera again and let out a sigh of relief when my chocolate brown irises were staring back at me. 

"Are you going to answer me?" Malia demanded as she folded her arms over her chest, "What transition?" 

How am I supposed to explain this to Malia? She doesn't know much about my abilities as an Admonere but she should be able to fully comprehend the werewolf side of it... maybe she will understand, I don't know. To be honest, I don't think I even understand the situation myself. 

"Scott bit me when I was possessed by the Nogitsune, and when he did it began my transition into becoming a werewolf." I stated as I took in her surprised look and wide eyes. 

She looked me up and down curiously, "But you're an Admonere?"

"Now she's both," Stiles piped up, joining the conversation. 

"How's that even possible?" she inquired.

I blinked once, "I don't know." 

And it was true... I don't know how it's possible to be a hybrid of two supernatural creatures. I guess anything is possible, but this... this is just too much for me to handle. It was hard enough being an Admonere, now I have to be a werewolf too? I don't want to be anything. I didn't want to get bitten by Peter that night. I didn't want to get bitten by Scott either. I was fully prepared to die and end everything that night, but that would have been just too damn easy.

Apparently, nothing is easy for Kasey McCall.

Stiles appeared in the doorway with a mug of something that was steaming. I already knew what it was. I could smell the coffee the minute he opened the package downstairs. French Vanilla. And he put whipped cream on top of it and it was in a cute little red mug. He smiled as he sat it on the bedside table and plopped down beside me, "Morning beautiful. How'd you sleep?"