Slow Friends and Quality Time

CHAPTER 15:

Slow Friends and Quality Time

I turned away from the door and walked towards my suitcase relieved. I couldn't believe Jaden had almost let Craig know my secret. I had worked too hard on keeping it hush to let it out in the open that easily. The girls had already begun getting ready for the day; I looked over at Ashton who was laying her clothes out on the bed. "So Ash," I began, " What do you think about Craig? She narrowed her eyes and looked over at me. 'I don't know, he's cute I guess, why what are you up to Syd?" I smirked. "Oh nothing. Just a simple question." She smiled. Ashton knew me too well.

Ashton: "Mhm...don't try anything funny."

I pretended like I didn't hear her and I continued searching for what I was gonna wear. I wasn't making any promises, she'd thank me for it later. Craig seemed like a great guy. After my hot shower, I slipped my clothes on. I wore a white shirt adorned with red, horizontal stipes and slipped a sleeveless, studded jean vest over it. I pulled a black beanie on over my curly hair and slid into my skinny jeans. I was too lazy after my shower to straighten it. All I had to do now was slip on my red vans before we left the room. No big deal. I filled my messenger bag with my phone, wallet, chapstick, and a small bottle of lotion from the hotel room. The girls were still getting ready, so I sat down on the bed and relaxed.

Me: "So Reynna, you know I love you right?"

She smiled.

Rey: " love you too Syd."

Me: "But no really, you guys know how much I've missed Jay and for him to be here at a time like-I mean for him to be here it means a lot."

She gave me a funny look. I'd almost said the wrong thing.

Rey: "Aweee, anything for my sissy."

She reached across the bed and pulled my head towards her face as she gave me a sisterly kiss on the cheek.

Me: "Ew, Rey, You know I hate it when you do that."

I used my hand to wipe the area. I rolled my eyes. There was a knock at the door. I slid to the edge of the bed and cracked the door open to see who it was (the girls were still getting dressed in the room). "Oh, hey Jaden." I said.

Jaden: " Hey, I just came by to see if you guys were ready."

Me: " I'm done, but the girls are still getting ready. If you want I can wait with you...."

I waited for his response.

Jaden: " I mean unless you wanted your best friend, who came ALL the way across the country to see you, to be lonely." He joked.

I smiled and grabbed my shoes before stepping out into the hall and closing the door behind me. I fell to the floor and started to push my foot inside of my shoe. I looked up at him. "You know I missed you Jay."

I had slipped on my second shoe and we were now walking towards the elevator. He looked at me and put his arm over my shoulder.

Jaden: "I missed you too Syd."

We stepped into the elevator and he kissed me on the forehead. I turned towards him. "So how'd you manage living without me?" [ I laughed]

Jaden: "Oh, It was pretty easy actually. I just got a girlfriend and I was good to go."

I froze.

Me: "Wait, you did?" I was shocked. Jaden had gotten a girlfriend without telling me? He continued. "Yeah. What's the matter? You upset I didn't die while you were gone?" I turned my head giving him the silent treatment. He smiled and grabbed my arm as I tried to rush away.

Jaden: "I was joking Syd."

I was suddenly relieved it had all been a joke.

Me: "Mhm..."

As we turned the corner I realized Craig was already sitting down in the lobby along with one other boy. Probably the friend he was going to bring. I smiled and waved.

Me: "Hey Craig." I plopped down beside him on the couch. "Oh, hey Syd." He turned to the person sitting next to him. "This is my boy Ray." He said. The boy smiled and waved. "Ray, this is Sydney and of course you know Jaden." He nodded his head.

Me: "Well, the girls are still upstairs getting ready, so me and Jay are gonna step out while we wait. Is that okay?"

Craig: "Yeah it's fine. My other two friends are still upstairs too so it's all good."

Me: "Oh, okay cool."

As I walked away, I saw Ray nudge Craig. "She's cute, man. You should go for her." I rolled my eyes and kept walking. Jaden laughed to himself.

When we were outside I turned to him. "What was so funny?" I already knew he'd heard the same thing I had. He started laughing.

Jaden: "No reason, maybe the fact that you're cute and Craig should TOTALLY go for you. . ." We started laughing even harder and I grabbed hold of his arm and laid my head on his shoulder.