Chapter 6 - Hexing

"I hate men!" You sing sweetly as Bruce hums in agreement. "Bruce... you're a man,"

"Yeah, but we're inferior,"

"Fair," you slump down on the island table, hitting your head on the marble repeatedly.

"We heard, what did he do?" Bucky and Sam enter in their suits holding weapons.

"As much as I appreciate you guys being my big brothers, murder isn't allowed in this situation,"

"Oh, it is," Peter slings in, tumbling a little.

"Of course you were following me... and let me guess," you see the girls sneak from the elevator. "You too, huh?"

"We're going out again, we just need to find cute tasers to use on him,"

"THEY HAVE A COLLECTION!" Clint screams from the vents. Friday announced your arrival and they all flooded in. "So, what went down?" Clint asked, peaking through the vents.

"You know pick me girls, right?" The 40s men and gods—though one who could care less—shake their heads. "Girls who belittle other girls to make themselves look better, saying stuff like 'she's so girly, she wears makeup and I don't even wear makeup, like I'm one of the boys, I'm just naturally this pretty, I'm also really sporty, she probably only talks about shoes and nails, ew!', ya know?"

"Yes, what does this have to do with him?" Thor gestures for you to go on.

"Well, he brought his friend who was a pick me girl... on our date,"

"Tell them the best part," Wanda charges up her red taser.

"He was a pick me boy, meaning he said stuff like 'oh, you're too good for me, you'll never love me, I'll just leave you alone, you'll leave like everyone else, no one ever likes me back, you think I'm ugly don't you? You don't actually like me, do you?',"

"No, no, murder is allowed," Bucky cocks the pistol in his hand as Sam let's Redwing hover.

"So imagine, these two pick me people, him saying he's not good enough and putting me in awkward situations while his friend belittles me and says she's better because she doesn't wear any make up and plays sports and isn't like other girls,"

"Murder, murder is good," Loki smiles, nudging his brother who summoned Mjolnir. "By all means, the world could use less of these kinds,"

"For once, I agree," the blonde's eyes glowed with dangerous sparks.

"Think of this as that time Lady Sif spent the night with that baron who acted the same," Loki continues, knowingly agitating his brother into violence. "As Fandral was harassed by those so called fans who belittled the woman he courted at the time,"

"Thor, no," you grabbed the god's hands making it all stop, Loki rolling his eyes in annoyance at his failed plan. "How about we all ignore this? Sound good? Great," walking off swiftly to your room, Vision floated along to comfort you.

~~~

Loki looked up to the ceiling of the bare room. His bed was nothing close to comforting, like another temporary home and forcefully foreign. Magic lingered on the tips of his fingers, sparking into swirls of different shapes.

Head on one hand, the other with the green shapes slowly twisted to shape the ink pot shape into an 'M'. A subtle grin lingered along his lips, attention now on the slip of paper with a single name that he was able to get a hold of.

The spiderling, a new name he dubbed the boy as a form of friendship, let it pass casually which Loki was quick to remember. The god sat up to look at the window looking onto the New York skyline.

"Murder is suspicious, kidnapping would be too much-" he stops. "Hex mistaken for Karma?" Loki ponders. "Hex mistaken for manifestation," a wisp of green ignited in a bright light to illuminate the shadowed room.

It balled up before seeping out the window cracks and into the night. He laid back with a smirk, proud of his work.

"Genius, yet again, Loki," he praises himself, eye lids finally able to rest easy. They snapped open for a moment still not satisfied. "Plus a normal hex, who would be able to tell?"

~~~

"Ha!" You look at the snap from from Mathew. "Mathew said he had the winning lottery number but he lost the card with the number," flipping the pancake with a smile, you raised the phone up, Peter and Pietro doing peace signs. "K,"

"Oh~ You hit him with the 'k'," Thor gasps.

"How terrible," Loki's smug look was easily deciphered by you. Your lips parted a little, impressed no doubt, "truly terrible," he made a cup of green tea before leaving.

"Yeah..." When you looked to Wanda she saw too with wide eyes. Turning off the stove and stacking the last few pancakes in front of Pietro and Thor, you got enough on a plate for Loki.

Filling a small cup with syrup, you put it on a tray next to the pancakes and cutlery, walking away with it to Loki's room. You tap lightly with your foot. "Yes?" Loki took a moment to understand why you were there. "Is this for me?"

"No, it's for the ghost in your room, dumbass,"

"Lovely insults, so mature," he opened the room wider for you to walk in. Placing it down you turn and see him leaning against the wall with a narrow look. "If that is all,"

"A thank you would be nice,"

"Thank you," he hums, watching your gaze take in the bare walls and empty shelves.

"So how did you hex him? Is that what witches call them? Hexes?"

"I'm not a witch,"

"You look like one," you snark back which caused his smile to be forced back from showing enjoyment. "Thank you, how can I make it up to you?"

"You don't need to... see it as my first step to redemption," he lays back onto his bed.

"So you're going to try?"

"Is there another option?" That was a good point. Meaning, if he was to stay, he would need a better room.

"Get dressed, we're going out,"

~~~

I gotta my first two Loki comics in the mail~

- Anna ❤️