Chapter 8 - Gaming

Ink squirmed about in small balls to nudge around the desk against the wall while everyone fixed final touches. Wanda quickened up the growing process of the plants but, in seconds, accidentally covering the room in thick vines and large leaves.

"What do I do?!" Wanda screams in shock as you were flushed against the roof looking unfazed. Peter was being moved around by the growing plant as Nat tried to hack away at it with a screwdriver—surprisingly effective.

The absent team members rushed in quickly, trying to help stop the growth. "Kill!" Pietro screeches.

"Someone help!" Wanda calls out, slowly being overtaken by the leaves which grew faster than before.

"Breathe, witchling," Loki notes, tangled among the foliage, arms restrained against the wall. "Focus on the plant and reduce it. Imagine it reducing to a small little sapling," the god cut through with his dagger and fell down to solid ground.

"I- I don't think-"

"Wanda," Loki looked through the foliage to see her crawled into a ball, eyes flickering red with worry. "Breathe," he says calmly.

The witch started to follow the breathing patterns she was guided with. Scarlet spanned out over the branches once Wanda breathed in again, her released breath slowly decreasing the plant. "It's working!"

"Focus until the job is done, then celebrate," Loki unhooked Peter from his cocoon of green and tossed both daggers through the vines handling you. He caught you in his arms as you grunt on impact. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, but I don't think I'll be eating any vegetables for a while," he helped you place both feet on the ground.

"Are you okay, Wanda?" Loki asked once it all diminished.

The witch ran right into Loki's arms. "Thank you, thank you, I'm so sorry, I didn't know I could do that, I didn't want to do that,"

Loki's arms were raised in the air, shocked from the hug. He looked down for a moment before hugging Wanda back, "it's alright, magic is consuming and takes time to control especially without a mentor, so far you've done wonderfully, Witchling,"

Silence lingered in the air as the team stepped back to leave some room for everyone to exit, the two magic users staying in the room for a while longer.

"Uhm, can I ask you something?" she hugs tighter which he laughs at.

"Of course,"

"Can you teach me? I want to know how to control my powers," she looked up which his eyes softened at. "I want to help people, not hurt them,"

"Of course," he pet her head softly before holding both her shoulders. "For now, first lesson, breathe," Loki gives a little nose scrunch smile which Wanda does as well with a nod.

"Thank you," he fixes his posture with a shaky breath, twirling his blade to vanish into thin air. She leaves swiftly with Vision as the team looks back into the room.

"What?" He looks to the group who stared in either surprise, joy or doubt. "You all have mouths don't you? Try using it,"

"You have a polite side, try using it," you smirk, mini ink blots getting rid of the fallen vines.

~~~

Sat in the tower gaming room—requested by Peter and Pietro—there was a large TV for multiplayer for each console type plus a gaming set up for majority of interested Team Members.

"So is this a game of smarts and logic?"

"As is every other," you muse making Loki roll his eyes.

"It's a combat game," Peter explains while you drop snacks in front of the two.

"Why aren't we in our armour," his eyes lift to the loading screen with his reflection. "Are we transported through the mirror?"

"You're adorable," you ruffle his hair mockingly and grab a control, sitting beside him.

"I'll rip your tongue out,"

"Remember what happened last time you said that?" A blush set into his cheeks as you smirk. "COD: BO 3,"

"Modern Warfare is the best but I like this one," Peter explains, furthermore showing Loki the controls. The god's large hands fumbled with the control though it was better ratio size than Thor—that was a disaster. "Got it?"

"I suppose," he twists the right stick under his thumb and presses the left trigger. "What's the aim?"

"Kill." The game begun and everyone was set in places, you quickly ran forward and jumped along the stairs to the top of the balcony.

The trickster's character fell dead as he was spawned back somewhere else. "What happened?!" Loki gapes as you toss a piece of chocolate in your mouth.

"I killed you," you draped your legs over his lap making him scowl, competitive mode immediately activated.

~~~

"I don't like this game," Loki scowls, losing for the 5th round in a row.

"Boohoo, poor baby," you coo mockingly. He tossed the controller at you which you turn off easily. "Lighten up, Lokes,"

"Don't call me that,"

"You can just watch us play online, surely there are worse players," Peter intervenes.

"Doubt it, but there's a chance," you quip, walking to your set up. Green lights switched on behind the black computer screen with gold accents along the keyboard. The headphones you used settled over your head, microphone pulled down in front of you.

Peter was sat next to you with his red and blue dominant set up, black accents and his logo etched along different parts. While your headphones a plain design, Peter's had that same spider on either ear piece.

~~~

Loki being a father figure in Wanda's life makes me happy

- Anna ❤️