Chapter 5

Jack stood against a pole in Blackbeard's cabin, the Quartermaster next to him as he stuck a knife in the back of his white blouse. Jack couldn't move from his spot, but the knife did give him an idea. "I actually have no interest in the Fountain whatsoever, so, if your heart is set, you may drop me off anywhere you like, preferably with lovely (Y/n) by my side." he said. He had no intention of leaving this ship without his love.

"That'll be all, Quartermaster." Blackbeard dismissed, fiddling with the lock on a large gated cabinet. The Zombified man left the room as the captain turned to face the pirate stuck to the wood. "I know well enough your intentions with my daughter, Sparrow. Your words surround you like fog and make you hard to see."

"And what of you, the mighty Blackbeard? Beheaded they say. Still, your body swam three times around your ship, then climbed back on board. And here you are, running scared." Jack claimed bravely, although inside he was terrified.

"Scared?" Blackbeard repeated.

"To the Fountain." Jack finished, and glanced to the knife holding him in place as Blackbeard walked to his desk.

"The Quartermaster sees things before they happen. He has foreseen my death, and so the fates have spoken." Blackbeard said, sitting. "The threads of destiny woven."

"You have a ridiculously high regard for fate, mate." Jack said.

"And you?"

"Me? I'm skeptical of predicting any future... which includes me." Jack stated, and reached up to grab at the knife as Blackbeard continued to work on some sort of figure on his desk.

"It'd be foolish to battle fate, but I'd be tempted to cheat it." Jack had unstuck himself from the pole, knife in hand as Blackbeard continued. "I will reach the Fountain. You will lead me." Jack had begun walking forward with the dagger in his hand before the captain interrupted his stalk. "That knife will serve you no better than the mutiny you devised."

"Mutiny served me well. It gained me an audience with you."

"Oh?"

"Aye. To warn you." Jack stated, sticking the knife in the desk before him. "Regarding your first mate, who pretends to be persons she is not."

"Do tell?" Blackbeard inquired.

Jack leaned forward, his suspicions of Angelica deepening with each passing second. "She is not your daughter."

(Y/n) and Angelica walked towards the Captain's quarters, listening in on the conversation. The elder opened the door a little wider to see inside, and they heard the men discussing her. She looked towards her younger sister, who was now gazing inside through the door. Jack must've looked too deep into her statements.

"You dare to speak thusly of my flesh and blood?" Blackbeard asked. "Your infatuation with my youngest blinds you, Sparrow."

"Sir, the woman is consummate in the art of deception. I know. As I most unwittingly set her... both of them... on their wicked paths." Jack stated, knowing he did, in fact, corrupt both Angelica and (Y/n). Good Lord, he messed with both of Blackbeard's daughters. He wondered how he was still alive at the moment. "Though, I cannot claim credit for her existing abundance of natural talent."

Blackbeard lifted the doll he had been working on, and Jack saw it to be a tiny version of him. The captain looked up at Jack with discontent. "Angelica. (Y/n). My beloved daughters, the only two true good things I have done in the life, and you claim to be the one who corrupted not just one, but both of them?"

"Sir, what Angelica is, is pure evil." Jack claimed, not wishing to bring ill-mannered speak upon the love of his life. "More to be feared than a wild beast. Hungry wild beast with gnashing teeth. Vengeful, hungry from hell beast-"