T h r e e

"What happened to my fruit bowl!" I shout from the kitchen.

My dad comes running down the stairs, looking like a bussiness man as always.

He's the president of the hospital closest to us and makes quite a bit of money.

"Hey, dad," I say.

"Sorry honey, I ate three of your fruit bowls, since you guys didn't order anything for me," he chuckles, rubbing my head.

"You only arrived here at ten," I glare at him.

"Sorry, work has been rough," he says as he fixes his tie.

"Yeah, work," Sam coughs when he enters the kitchen.

Dad glares at him, while I'm standing in front of an open fridge.

"What is that supposed to mean?" My dad asks.

I grab out the necessary ingredients for a few new fruit bowls and place them on the kitchen island.

"Nothing," Sam mumbles and passes past us and out the door.

When my dad glances at me, I just shrug and place my new fruit bowls in the fridge.

"Touch my fruit bowls again and you Sir, won't have fingers the next day," I glare at him and eat out of the fruit bowl in my hands.

"I might be late today," he says.

"Not again," I sigh.

"I'm sorry sweetie," he says and grabs a fruit bowl out of the fridge before leaving.

My jaw is to the ground as I watch him leave the kitchen.

The nerve of that guy

***

"Do you agree?" Jake asks.

"I have no idea, does my dad really look like the type to hide a relationship from me?" I frown.

"He reminds me of a teddy bear," Sarah says.

"But with a tux and sleeked back hair," she adds.

"He looks like a mean person, but yet he's like the kindest person ever," Edward nods.

"That's not the point, he's hiding something," I shiver.

The bell rings for first period and we're off to English.

When I take my seat, I realize that I'm supposed to ask Zac to sit with us during lunch.

This was not my idea

Jake and Edward gave him a tour yesterday, but Zac wasn't allowed to have lunch since he had to sort things out with his schedule or something like that.

I don't like the idea of Edward and Jake wanting to invite him to sit with us, since he seems like the fuckboy type, but Sarah told me to not judge a book by it's cover.

That's why I have to ask him to join us for lunch

A few minutes are left of this period before we have to head to lunch and Zac hasn't bothered me much this period, except for the chair kicking.

"Zac," I say, turning around.

"Hmm?" He raises his brows.

"Do you want to sit with us at lunch?" I ask, trying not to cringe at this.

"Who is us?" He asks.

"Jake, Edward, Sarah and I," I reply.

"Awww, I thought you'd have more girls in your group," he says in a sarcastically dissapointed tone.

I just glare at him and await for him to speak again.

"Well, just because I feel sorry for you, I'll go," he smirks.

How can he possibly feel sorry for me?

"You make no sense," I scoff and turn around.

He kicks my chair again and I turn around annoyed.

"What do you want?" I sigh.

"Oops, my foot must have slipped," he shrugs and chews on the end of his pen.

"Emma, could you please turn around in your seat and focus? " Mr Forbs asks and shakes his head at me.

Glaring at Zac, I turn around in my seat.

"Fuck you," I whisper, making sure only Zac could hear me.

« · ༆ · »