T w e n t y S i x

It has probably been the worst summer of my life, and it's almost gone.

One week left

Just after the big fight with Zac I went home and opened my university letters and have been declined to go to NYU and I've been battling with this.

Sarah feels guilty for going without me, but I told her it was completely fine, since a few other Universities had accepted me.

In a few days I'll be leaving to UCLA and I'll begin my life there.

"Where are you going?" My dad asks, sitting on the couch.

"Cafe, it's the last time I'll be able to see them before I head to collage," I say, giving a small smile.

"Have fun," he says, returning the small smile.

I can't believe this will be the last time I'll see them untill Chrismas.

Taking a deep breath I finally enter my car and speed off to the Cafe.

Once I step into the doors of the spot I'll miss the most, I see Sarah and Edward already sitting at our usual table.

"Where's Jake?" I ask.

"He's in the bathroom, I think he's trying to keep in his tears," Edward chuckles and I let out small laugh.

"Speak about the devil," Sarah says once Jake returns and sits across of me.

Too bad Zac isn't here

During the first three weeks of summer I tried to call him, but he didn't pick up.

"So, UCLA?"Sarah nudges me.

"Yeah, actually excited for a change of scenery," I smile and take a sip from my milkshake.

Luckily no one commented on the fact that I ordered the vanilla milkshake instead of the usual bubblegum.

I really miss Zac and somehow while he's been gone I've been doing stuff to remind me of him, hence the vanilla milkshake.

I also started walking to the boxing club instead of driving.

"Well, I can't wait to go to Harvard, but I'll really miss you guys," Jake says, holding his gaze on his lemon water.

An hour passes and I have embraced Sarah in a tight hold in the parking lot.

Tears have run down my cheek and I don't bother to wipe them away.

Once we pull away, we both chuckle at our emotional state.

I hug them once more and greet them.

I climb into my car and let out a deep breath.

I wipe my face with a wet wipe and search for my phone.

"Fuck," I cuss, dropping my phone behind the seat.

I reach for it, trying to navigate my phone with my hand, but all I feel is the carpet.

Groaning, I reach further, this time feeling my phone with my finger tips.

When I turn my head I see my phone in sight, I pick it up but it slips out of my grasp.

"For fuck sakes," I mumble.

I lean over the seat and frown when I see a piece of paper next to my phone.

I pick up the small piece of paper and my phone before returning into my seat.

This is definitely not my paper

I hit the button on the roof of my car, making a light appear.

The piece of paper looks like a pamphlet.

There's an adress, time and a picture of bleeding knuckles.

"At your own risk,"I mumble the words written at the bottom.

Is this Zac's?

I frown when I see the date and time on the pamphlet.

I look on the calendar on my phone and it matches the night that Zac had shown up on my doorstep.

"The fuck?" I mumble.

« · ༆ · »