the Demon of the Mist...

On the boat to the land of Waves, the pink haired genin asked Tazuna a few questions which led him to telling them the heartbreaking story of his poor grand kid and his daughter, Sakura felt for him, she really did.

She understood, or at least thought she did, how the poor kid would feel if his grandpa was to die.
She too, had been very sad when her grandparents passed away a while back, they had been old, but Sakura had loved spending her summers with them, playing GO and making flower crowns...

After a while, the ferryman dropped them off, and Kakashi-sensei informed them they'd have to walk the rest of the way.

Huh. Walking. On foot. Walking was fine, but this was one of the first time the girl had walked for so long. This and the encounter with the demon brothers had tired her, and Sakura dreamt of a hot bath, and a good book to read. Or better yet, a dinner with Sasuke-kun...

Sakura was pulled out of her daydream by Naruto yelling something and throwing a kunai at a bush.
Said bush moved, and a small white rabbit jumped out.

White? Why does that seem weird? Sakura thought frowning a little before turning to the idiot next to her who was smiling sheepishly.

"BAKA!!" she yelled, hitting him on the head "what do you think you were doing? Heh?!"

Naruto looked about to apologize when their sensei interrupted him.

"DOWN!!" Kakashi yelled, while Sasuke tackled Tazuna to the ground, barely dodging an enormous sword.

Sasuke-kun is so cool!He even remembered  to protect Tazuna-san!

The kunoichi turned around, towards the giant butcher-like sword that had stuck itself in a tree.
A man wearing weird cow-like pants was standing on top of it.
He seemed to be smirking, but, really, Sakura couldn't tell: like their sensei, the new ninja wore some sort of mask, preventing her from seeing his mouth.

"If it isn't Kakashi of the Sharingan" the new ninja sneered at their sensei.

Rogue shinobi, probably from the hidden mist, judging from his hitai-ate, big sword... maybe one of the swordsmen of the mist?    Sakura remembered reading something about them, from it's size it COULD be kubikiribocho... But then... That would make this ninja Zabuza Momochi, the demon of the Mist...

"Zabuza Momochi." Kakashi greeted back.

We're doomed.

"Kids, get in formation, and protect Tazuna" Kakashi ordered before engaging in battle with the infamous Demon of the mist.

They were probably talking, taunting each other, but Sakura couldn't care less.

Before her were two S-rank shinobi, fighting. She probably should have felt awed, to see such powerful ninjas in action....  but her mind was stuck.

We're doomed. We're doomed. We're doomed.

Maybe Sasuke-kun can save us..She thought, grasping at anything that would pull her out of her panicked state.

Yes, he will save us! And.. well, Kakashi-sensei is strong too. They can protect us.

Relief flooded through her as her mind cleared.

When she looked around, she was tempted to, again, give in to the panic : Kakashi-sensei was trapped in some sort of water prison, while Sasuke-kun, and what looked like several Narutos were fighting clones of Zabuza.

Suddenly, Sasuke-kun threw a giant shuriken towards the demon of the Mist, near the water prison Kakashi was trapped in.

Wow!! Sasuke-kun is so strong!!Sakura fangirled a little when she noticed the second shuriken hidden in the shadow of the first one.

Wait a second, she thought, narrowing her eyes, this second.. shuriken? That's not...

Ignoring Zabuza's boasting, Sakura frowned at that "shuriken", and, to her not-so-surprise, it transformed into Naruto.

Oh. That's it, Naruto used a henge to transform into a shuriken, to attack Zabuza when he won't be looking.. That's.. suprinsingly smart! I'm sure it was Sasuke-kun's idea!

Naruto threw a kunai at the rogue nin's arm, freeing Kakashi in the process.
From that moment, Kakashi and Zabuza began (again) fighting.

Then, when Kakashi-sensei was about to win, a senbon flew out of nowhere and stuck itself into Zabuza's neck.

From the trees, came a Mist shinobi.

Hunter-nin, affiliation: Kirigakure, target, Zabuza Momochi, weapon, senbon?

That's weird, Senbon aren't weapons used by hunter-nin, plus, he (she ?) seems to be about our age...Isn't that a little young to be running around collecting heads(literally)? Sakura thought,while naruto, apparently thinking along the same lines began questioning the Mist shinobi.

After a quick explanation from Kakashi, he calmed down, and, before Sakura could ask her questions too, the Kiri shinobi disappeared in the forest, taking with him (her?) the dead body of Zabuza.

Why is that bothering me so much? Sakura asked herself It's not like I'm a pro at anything to do with ninjas... Sasuke-kun probably knows much more, coming from the great Uchiha clan...
I'll ask him later, preferably alone...

"We should head to your house, Tazuna-san." Sakura said, looking at the bridge-builder, "Kakashi-sensei is injured, and we need rest."

Well, I didn't do anything, I don't really need rest... I'm pretty useless.

Unfortunately, the moment she finished her sentence, Kakshi fell to the ground.

Blood loss and chakra exhaustion,Sakura diagnosed before pulling the limp body of her sensei on her shoulders.

"Don't worry Sakura-chan" Naruto yelled at her (was he even capable of talking at a normal volume?!!)
"We can take him, you don't have to bother yourself!" He made a handsign and three solid clones popped in existence and took Kakashi off of her shoulders.
She hadn't even answered.

CHA! I'm not THAT useless!.....
Or am I? Sakura thought sadly, before brightening up, Of course I'm not weak! Channaro! I was the top kunoichi at the academy, and I'm Sasuke-kun's soulmate!

Letting Tazuna-san lead them to his house, team 7 soon arrived at their destination.

Yeah.. This chapter is quite short, so sorry about that

Also...  I'm rubbish at writing fighting scenes so SORRY
TT-TT

So that was there first encounter with Zabuza... Will everything follow cannon or will some change (hard question!!!  I wonder what it'll be! ;)