Emitted from hospital

That night Lorenzo carfully inspected how Loren treated my wound.

After everyone started dosing off he told me how this was going to take place.  

"We are leaving at 3 am."

It wasn't a restful night and I gathered some bandages creams and dressing to take with for when we finally made our escape.

It was 2:55 am and I haven't seen Lorenzo, I was becoming anxious, worrying thoughts travelled through my brain. What if that awful cop find out about it?

"Evening nurse, just doing my routine checkup." I heard a familiar voice, however as the doctor approached I became worried. I was about to call for nurse and press the button before Lorenzo removed his white coat.

"You freaked me out," I punched him on the arm.

"Ey no time for games, let's get you out of here," he said responsibly.

He toggled and removed all the tubes carefully to prevent any alarms from going off.

He was calm and his calmness made me feel safe.

"Now Desiree, I need you to get into your nurse's uniform please."

"Urm Docter," Stella called out.

"Yes," Lorenzo replied.

"This, that and surfing," Stella was talking in her sleep.

It was painful lifting up my arm and I could scream at the top of my lungs.

"Ok nurse, I think we have finished our duties for tonight, follow me," he said as he tugged a surfboard under the duvet.

"You remembered, Stella is going to love it," My heart warmed up a little.

In the hallway out he made a conversation.

"Sure nurse, I can drop you home, no problem whatsoever, it's on the way home."

"O thank you doctor, that is very kind of you, I will buy you a coffee tomorrow morning."

He kept on making silly conversations until we got into the car.

"Here," he said as he shaved a blond wig."

For himself he put on a bandanna and a mustachio.

I cracked up laughing.

"You know we look more dodgy and suspect."

"Knock, knock," someone was tapping on the window.

"It's him, get down!"

The tyers screeched as Lorenzo reversed out.

As soon as we got going it was easy to noticed how well he knew the back and gravel roads. There were allot of taxis going around this early and then we got behind a really slow one.

"Desire, behind my seat is a leaver pull it please."

My arm ached as my muscles moved, it was a really awkward position to get into.

"Clunk"

"That's it, thanks," he said.

"So what was all that pain about?" I asked.

"You have just changed the number plate and colour of the car."

"Wait the colour, how is that even possible?"

A think smile crept onto his mouth.

"Where did all these gechos come from?"

"The are not ordinary gechoes they are robotic painting ones, they paint the rainbow colours systematically, we are on blue now."

I rolled my eyes toward him without turning my neck.

"And the number plate?"

"O it is on a block with four sides, you can change anything you want on this iPad."

It wasn't long until people, cars and building became less we were heading towards the Kalahari.

"No ocean," I pulled a sad face at Lorenzo.

He chuckled and then turned on the radio.