Losing them

I was now half awake in hospital. I hate hospitals it was where I had to see my parents for the last time. They were murdered cold blooded three years ago. I hated this situation it would force me to pull out of the Australian pro surfing competitions and it would prevent me from surfing until my arm has completly healed. 

Then I heard her boots, she was walking fast. "O Desiree darling are you ok? I drove as fast as I could? My authy Robin-leann said worried. I loved this women, she has always looked out for me especially the last three years.

"I have arranged for all your things to be packed."

"What, why?"

"Honey, you have to move in with me, I am too fearful that they would rob or break in and do something worse." 

I started crying, the fear I felt and this decision overwhelmed me.

"You are lucky you know, it missed a big artery by a inch."

"How long until I will be out of here?'

"The Doctor told me perhaps a few weeks?"

"Great."

"I am working on a project on the farm, I am building you your own shed house." 

"I can stay a few days but then I need to go back for work."

"There is no waves there." I said with big sad eyes. 

"Maybe you just need to recover fully and then you can get back into surfing."

"Yes."

"Well darling I have to head off I will come viist again during the weekend." 

"Thanks so much for visitng Aunty Robin-Leann, I don't know what I would do or where I would be without you." 

"Oh darling," she says as she touches my arm gently, I look forward to you living closer to me and then we can catch up all the time."

I smile dazed thinking of happy future memories.

"Bye now darling."

"Bye." I say as I hold a tear back, she reminded me of my mother and I hadn't felt this loved in a long time.

One thing was certain. I was glad that I was getting out of that unit, I never want to think about the robbery ever again. Even though this was not my plan perhaps God had planned something for me. I checked my phone, I recieved plenty of emails and messeges from all my surfing friends around the world. 

The thing I wanted right now was to be in the ocean, clearing my soul and becoming apart of nature so I asked the nurse to put on the surfing channel.

It did help a little. After I ate dinner the nurse gave me strong medication and I fell into a deep sleep. Unfortunatly I didn't awake from the terrible nightmares and the look of the intruders eye when he found me under the bed.

I saw people running.

"Emergency, yelly fish sting."

I sat up trying to see better but most nurses left the ward to attend to the new case.

I laid back down in agony, how could I forget that I had a gunshot wound?