The Lion's rawr

Early the next morning I heard a frightening sound coming from outside.

"He is alive!" I heard as people rejoiced from somewhere up in the roof.

I put on my dressing gown and walked to where the commotion was coming from. I didn't have a tour of the house yet and found large wooden stairs leading up. 

I arrived upstairs and everyone was there. All the workers were excited.

"The lion we thought we killed by poachers are indeed alive!" Aunty Robin-Leeann said as she pulled me into a excited hug.

The lion rested under the gigantic baobab tree for a nap. The deck provided a perfect view in all directions, the warm red African sun produced glorious rays that gave a beautiful crimson warmt to everything it hit. The sun beetles were already out and so were other native birds. The quietness reminded me of the beach a way one could truly unwind and gather yourself.

"Some rooibos?" Jacinta asked with a big smile.

"Yes please Jacinta, thank you." I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"Why haven't you come visit sooner?" she asked.

"I don't know too busy, I will be here for a while."

"That's good I think you should stay forever."

The other workmen went down stairs and then in the distance I heard Lorenzo's bakkie.

"I need some men, there is a whole in the fence, bring some tools," Lorenzo called from down below.

The men darted down, it was certain that they loved the animals here and would do so much to keep them safe.

I sipped on my tea as Aunty Robin Leann talked to Lorenzo about the location of the breached fence.

"The 35 km mark on the northern border," he said.

"Oh dear, how big is it?"

"About 3 meters,"

"Good spotting I will see to it that you all get a bonus."

"It is really not necessary it is part of our job. How is Desiree doing?"

"She is doing fine."

"I think that man likes you that other girl broke his heart," Jacinta whispered, which caused me to frown. She saw that it made me feel a little uncomfortable.

"Some fried eggs, toast and sausage or a omelette?"

"An omelette please," I said.

She walked down stairs and I followed her. I enjoyed her compony.