Unlikely Friend

I had brekfast and it wasn't until lunch time that I saw her. She was a little girl about eleven or so.

"Would she be ok?, I asked Loran my nurse.

She nodded. "Poor thing, she is lucky it was only Jelly fish sting got her on the arm."

After they settled her in I peeked toward her. Her long light brown hair fell to her side. It wasn't long until her parents were by her side. 

The nurse told them that she is in good care and that she needs rest.

A few hours later she started looking around.

"Hey you look like... are you Desiree the surfer?"

I smiled, "yes".

"Can I have a picture with you?"

"Yes but first we need to get better, both of us."

She nodded.

"What's your name."

"Stella Rose" she said, "but just call me Stella".

"Stella, do you surf." 

"Uh-ha, I was surfing today when that large jelly fish got me, I have been practising hard so I can get a bigger board."

I smiled, "your'e just the way I was when I was your age."

The nurse brought some pain killers for me.

"You should watch channel 7 there is surfing on." I told her

"Thanks, Desiree, what happened to your arm?"

 "I will tell you a little later I am feeling very tired I shut my eyes and drifted into a sleep."

A few hours later a roasted meal sits infront of me.

"Dinner is served." Loren says.

I smile.

"So can you tell me know what happend to your arm?"

"Uhm." I say.

"And tonight on 7 news, robber of our own South African surfer Desire Honey, has been found." The t.v bombarded.

I clinched my jaw and shut my eyes as I thought of what Stella was about to hear. "With only a bullet wound to her left arm, she was lucky to survive this ordeal. After investigation has taken place, police officers will be sent to her hospital room to protect her."

"Is everything going to be ok Des?" Stella asked with tears watering from her eys.

"Yes, of course, when we get out of this place we will go surfing together," I say bravely.

Stella looks down to her arm and cradles it.

"Hey Stella, it's a promis alright?"

Her warm smile returns and she nodds.

Her parents arrive by her side with a girl that looks exactly like her.

"Des, uhm is it alright if I call you that."

"Yeah sure,"

"Des, meet my twin sister Suzi."

"I thought that you guys looked like sisters, hi Suzi."

"Hi Des, people alwyas mistake us because we are so identical, on the outside at least."

Their parents introduced themselves.

"Hi Des, my name is Helen and this is my husband Micheal, thanks for looking out for our little one." She says as she puts purple orchids on my side table.

"To be honest she has looked after me as much as I look after her." 

Helen's voice turned into a whisper. "If you want us to get you an overseas visa we could get you one, Micheal works at SA Immigration."

"Why would I want to go?" "Our friend who started the investigation, said there is someone trying to murder you, but that is all we now for he has been fired." I shudder in freight.

"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me," police officers say as they make their way to my bed side.

The police officer stare at Helen. "Just a friend are you?" 

"Yes, I know this family from surfing, please give Stella this bracelt," I say to Helen and smile.

"O she will love it, you know we will come visit you as much as you need ask Loren if you need us."

"Thanks I'd appretiate it."

"Now Miss Honey, do you feel able to awneser some questions?"

Loren came in. "Absolutly not, she needs rest and I will sit by her side all night to make sure you don't destub her."

That night I prayed to God, for having Loren, Stella and her family, who was right by my side. I also prayed that the fear I  had would vanish and that God would protect me.