1

The wolf was astounded. The girl in front of it had to be the prettiest it had ever seen in the human world with her long dark hair, pearl-shaped face and eyes resembling almond. Eyes full of fear. There was nothing to be afraid of! The wolf wasn't going to hurt anybody. It simply sought comfort! It wanted to sleep, to feel warm... to find its place in a new world, away from the one where it had been forgotten.

The wolf slowly sat on its two back legs, never taking its eyes from the girl's face. It wanted to signal her somehow that it wasn't dangerous. But who was going to believe it? Had it been given time, it could have attempted to shift back into its human form. Then maybe it would be more convincing.

"Stay back!", the Native American shouted at the girl and rushed to the wolf. But the animal wasn't stupid. It quickly stood back on four legs and ran through the woods, taking a completely different direction. It wanted to come back, to save the girl from the loud bastard who had hurt her.

Running back to the woods, the animal finally stopped only when it felt safe. And even then, it could hear the argument between the residents of the red house from miles away. They were so loud, they could wake up the entire reservation.

"You scared it!", the girl roared, resembling her father a little too much at that moment.

"It was going to hurt you!", the man attempted to justify his action, but the girl would have none of it, instead claiming the animal was innocent.

Again, the argument ended with tears and the slamming of doors. That was when the animal realized that it had to return on the next day. It had to prove its innocence. Maybe if it came in human form, it could try to make amends with both the girl? Perhaps even the Native American would feel safer?

It had been decided.

The Grey Wolf [TWILIGHT/LEGACIES]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें