10

While Renesmee and Hope were spending time together, as usual, Jacob was pacing back and forth in the living room. He, having listened to Seth's piece of advice, had decided to surprise pleasantly both Renesmee and Hope with a nice dinner and a movie. He needed to gain Renesmee's trust again, just like in the past. Perhaps that would make her fall in love with him? And then they could keep Hope as a pet if she so wanted to.

Oh, how he missed the days when she still needed him! He regretted having not appreciated them, immediately assuming that as soon as she was mature her feelings for him would switch from friendly to romantic ones.

None of that happened. Not even when he had forced her to move in with him.

He knew it had been a horrible decision to force her against her will, but he was jealous. He was sick and tired of seeing his pack mates happy with their imprints and he wanted the same. Even if that meant for Renesmee to be practically held hostage. Thankfully for her, her family had insisted on her still attending school. If they learned that she wanted to drop out, they would be furious, especially her father who secretly wanted her to follow in his footsteps.

If Jacob listened to Seth's idea, perhaps then Renesmee would return in his arms and would go back to her old self?

Little did he know it wasn't going to work that way. Of course, how could he know? He couldn't see the future. Even Alice, the predictive vampire, could see neither his future nor her niece's.

There was another problem - the shapeshifter wasn't an advanced cook. He could prepare basic meals, having had to learn to take care of his handicapped father. But mac and cheese wasn't a good choice, especially if he wanted to impress Renesmee.

Jacob had no other choice but to call someone who he knew would help him set the atmosphere for the evening. And he knew exactly who could help him.

Emily raised her eyebrows, "So you called me?"

Jacob let out a deep breath he hadn't realised he had been holding the entire time. "Yeah, I called you. Emily, I really need your help."

She chuckled not quite understanding the situation yet, "With?"

At that moment, Jacob burst. He was a ball of nerves. Everything had to go perfectly or he would never gain Renesmee's trust ever again. Alas, he hadn't meant to shout as loud as he had:

"Dinner! I need help making the dinner! Okay?"

Emily couldn't help but step back. She knew what this could potentially lead to and didn't want to be traumatized again. She did not want to be attacked yet again in her life. Wasn't once more than enough? She even had scars on her face to prove it. Everybody thought it was a bear attack and felt sorry for her. Little did they know (unless they knew the legends they had heard on the bonfires were true) that it had been her now-husband that had caused this. He had scarred her for life. Literally.

When Jacob's eyes met hers, he realized that he had made her feel terrified. He hadn't meant to. All he wanted was to make Renesmee feel better and to repair his relationship with him.

"I'm so sorry, I swear, I didn't mean to!"

Emily wanted to turn on her heels and run off the small red house. But she wasn't that kind of person. She had been asked for help and she was going to provide it. Besides, she remembered Jacob before the guys from the reservation had begun to shift one by one. She knew deep inside he was actually a nice lad, who simply seemed to find love, like every normal human being.

After having forgiven Jacob rather quickly, both of them began cooking a nice meal. They even prepared something for Hope as well. As much as Jacob disliked Hope, if the animal made Renesmee happy, then he was willing to let it sleep in the bed he was supposed to be sharing with Renesmee. Besides, soon, he would be back where he belonged. After all, Hope would need a pet bed, right?

Emily didn't forget to whip up her signature blueberry muffins. She knew Renesmee adored them, so she made sure to give all 100 per cent of herself to make her happy. She was wondering whether or not Hope would enjoy them too. Although animals weren't supposed to consume sugar, were they? She had forgotten about that.

When Renesmee and Hope returned back to the red house, both of them were taken aback by the sight in front of them. The table had been set with the best silverware. There were candles in the middle of the table to create a soothing atmosphere. And the food on the plates smelled heavenly. There was even a dog bowl and food for Hope!

"What's all of this?", she questioned, still in awe. For a while, Jacob thought his plan was going to work. And at the beginning, it worked. He was careful not to let anything slip. If Renesmee learnt the truth behind his little surprise, she was bound to run away from him forever. And this time, no one would stop her.