4

A QUICK AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Dear friends,

I launched a Patreon where you can get early access to written works (including this story) + some other perks for only 1,50 USD. All of the funds are going to the self-publishing of my future books. Consider checking out my Patreon (it's in my Linktree which is in my bio). Alternatively, you can buy me a coffee from my Linktree (Ko-fi).

Happy reading!

Renesmee was shocked. What was Jacob doing there? He wasn't supposed to be home yet. Anger was written in his eyes. What was Renesmee doing with the thing that could have killed her the previous night? Better yet, what was that wild animal doing there? Was it attempting to bring even more danger?

Jacob was appalled at how he had caught his imprint - cuddling with the wild animal as if it hadn't almost scared everyone to death. He knew now that he had to discuss all of it with his pack members at their next meeting the same evening. Something had to be done about the wild animal. Just anything. He thought it would be best if they killed it and ate it.

"I said get away from that thing!", the shapeshifter roared, making the wolf bare its teeth. Even though he was using his alpha voice to intimidate his imprinted into submission, the hybrid didn't fear him. She rolled her eyes instead and stroked the fur of the grey wolf with a smile on her face, angering the shapeshifter even more. So much, smoke would come out of its ears if it was possible.

Jacob's face had reddened at the sight of his imprint being happy with the monster who could kill her at any moment. To him, it didn't matter whether or not the grey wolf was a shapeshifter or not, he wanted it away from Renesmee. But his imprint was stubborn, even more than her own mother. She quietly sat down with the wolf and continued to tickle and to pet its fur, pretending not to notice Jacob, who had no other choice but to leave, not forgetting to remind Renesmee that she had to make dinner for the pack meeting the same evening.

Renesmee rolled her eyes. She would just grill some mini pizza's from the supermarket. No need for fancy food.

She wondered what would the pack meeting be. It had been planned from the previous week, of course. But she wasn't allowed to sit and to listen. She only had to serve the guests food. Just like Emily Young had done once. The stage was now for Renesmee. She had to be the housewife. Oh, how much she loathed with burning passion when it was Sunday morning and she had to clean the bathroom! But most of all - she loathed sharing a bed with Jacob Black. Ever since Billy had moved away to live with Paul, Rachel and the newborn baby Sarah (named after Jacob and Rachel's deceased mother, of course), the red house had been left to Jacob, who had then insisted that Renesmee had to come to live with him. He knew that would bring him full control over her. And with that, he had turned her into Cinderella, who now had to plan how to escape everything. In the fairytale, the princess had escaped so that she could attend a royal ball where she had ultimately ended up meeting her future spouse. But Renesmee was not part of any royal family (unless the Cullens were seen as one by the general public consisting of human beings). There was no grand event she could attend any time soon. And even if there was, neither she would gain permission from Jacob (unless her family insisted she had to be present there), nor she could escape to attend one (she was surrounded by supernatural creatures, who could stop her from doing anything else).

It wasn't easy to speak to her mother about how she felt as if she was a bird in a cage. Her mother saw the world in a different way, through rose-tinted glasses. She had her own idea about a happily ever after that had been enhanced by Jacob's imprinting. Now at least her old friend and lover would not pint after her. He had someone too. But at what cost? Both Renesmee and Jacob had lost their freedom the day their eyes had met for the very first time.

Renesmee hadn't had a friend in years. At school, she wasn't allowed to communicate with anyone, unless completely necessary. So when she attempted to make small talks with her classmates, they would turn their backs, thinking she was a snob. She was a Cullen, after all. They had reputations not only in the vampire world but in the human one as well.

So when the grey wolf had come that evening, Renesmee had sensed that things would change. What she didn't know, however, was in what ways her life was going to change, indeed.

If only she knew the true story of the grey wolf and how much it needed a friend too...