Surrender

A/N: sorry for the long wait for the final chapter but it's finally here. i swear my eyes are deceiving me because this book has over 2k views what???? and damn all those votes i- thank you so much i had no idea this many people would enjoy it, it blows my mind every time i come back to this book. Thank you!

Izuku stumbled as he pushed open the front door, his feet dragging while he fought to stay awake just a little longer. Just until he found his bed and would happily collapse onto it. The floor, however, not so much. It was nearly five in the morning and the green haired hero hadn't got a single wink of sleep. Kudos to the villain who took it upon themself to run rampage over the city at the early hours of the morning.

Luckily for the people, all the greatest heroes of the country were gathered in one area that night for the hero awards ceremony that occurred during December therefore it took a little under two minutes to capture the stealth villain.

The second culprit, furthermore, was Denki - insisting to throw a celebratory party for all the awards they'd received. Izuku being the considerate person he was, couldn't say no though in hindsight he really ought to have. What's more was the hour long train ride back to his apartment and it was so rickety he could barely dose off for more than a minute.

Not to mention all the alcohol and caffeine he had consumed hadn't really benefited him either.

He had a throbbing headache but was far too exhausted to do anything about that and simply let himself flop onto the warm confinements of his bed. His cosy, comfortable bed that felt like a cluster of feathers beneath him. The suit jacket he wore, he simply shrugged out of and let it drape on the floor. Being so riddled with fatigue the boy didn't exactly have it in him to care - he just threw the blanket over his clothes and buried his face in the pillows.

In his hazy blur he absentmindedly reached out for something he kept on his bedside table: a black beanie. The same black beanie he had worn to the airport eight weeks ago and forgot to return back to its owner. Izuku was so upset about seeing Katsuki leave he didn't realise he still had the hat until the blonde had already gone. He held the small woolen object in his scarred hands, letting himself drift off with a final sigh.

~

Izuku would have liked to say the eight weeks he and his boyfriend were apart had been a breeze. An easy and painless task. An accomplishable action. But alas he'd be lying right through his teeth. There were an equal number of ups and downs (for the both of them) that they had experienced. Some moments were a lot more bearable while others had been too tough and hopelessly unfair. Words were said - out of pent up anger and a depressing sense of loneliness - both of them in fault for the exchange.

Being so far away from each other and living what felt like words apart certainly did put a strain on their relationship but that was to be expected in the given circumstances so neither ever really took to heart the stupid things they yelled. The arguments made little to no sense at all anyway and were over the smallest of things that had simply escalated more and more until they were wishing things were different.

Fighting was normal in a relationship, Izuku had learnt; and it wasn't like they'd never had a falling out before. Ultimately all that mattered in the end was that they accepted reality and made amends which Izuku knew they always would in the end. Other than that, things went pretty smoothly. The two called most days, checking in and making sure both were well and looked after - not over working which Izuku was often scolded for by Katsuki. The blonde had also suffered from an injury himself that had Izuku worried for weeks but it was nothing more than a broken arm. Still, Izuku had protested, it was worrying for him. He had healed up quickly though, with minimal damage left behind which seemed to put the greenette's mind at ease.