Chapter 4: First test

1 week past and Janets skills have indeed improved, her academic studies are up to speed according to the Clark family standards, compared to the outside world, for a five year old to be able to do so much is just amazing.

"It's been a week, I expect some sort of perfection in your combat skills." George sits on a couch and watches Little Janet takes 3 knives from the trolley and stands in-front of 3 targets 1m high and 2m away.

Taking a deep breath, Janet lifts the first Knife and casually throws it towards the middle target.

*Bang*

A sound is made while her knife hits the centre, following that knife, Janet throws the other two towards the other 2 targets.

She runs to see her father, with one leg over the other, elbow on the couch arm and head leaning on his hand.

"No bad. Expected of my daughter."

'Sounds like a praise but not at the same time. I'll take what I can get'

"Now.." He stands up and walks towards Janet and just like the first day, he attacks her like he's about to kill her.

Dodging with ease, Janet starts to realise that her father is increasing in speed. She starts to get worried and could feel small cold drops of sweat

With her own knife on her waist, she takes that and using it to block some of her fathers attack that she thinks she can't dodge. 

That went on for 5mins.

Janets breathing wasn't that hard but she was slightly puffing.

"Not bad. You didn't die."

'Worst praise ever.'

"You'll now shoot targets further away, little by little. Soon you'll be throwing targets that are moving and you'll learn how to attack with me."

He turns around and leaves Janet and her Nanny there alone.

Janet exhales and finally relaxes.

"Young Miss, you have to learn not to be intimidated."

"I know." She says quickly as she exits too.

Going back to her room she picks up a book and starts reading, it's called 'Contact between the fairy and elf' about a fairy and an elf who fell in love but there families were enemies. Basically a altered version of Romeo and Juliet.

Though she's crammed with studies and training, she took the Nanny's advice and would do what she likes once in a while. 

Read, reading was one of Janets favourite things as well as going out to walk around in the garden since she's not allowed of the mansion area until she's 9, a year before she attends school.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Come in" Janet commands,  not looking up from her book.

A main with red hair in a braid and freckles on her face comes in with a smile.

"I cut some apples for you Miss, it's good for your body, an apple a day keeps the doctor away."

If Nanny was a teacher then This Maid named Chelsea would be a mother,

"Chelsea. Just put it there."

Chelsea treats me like a child, and in ways act like a dotting mother.

'sometimes I can feel she's scared, other times she's pitting me, probably because I'm apart of this family.'

"Miss, how about I do you hair and we can walk in the garden?"

Janet thinks for a moment

"Sure." She proceeds to read