Chapter 14: Change of plans

The day started off with Janet, Charlie and Monica leaving the house, departing to their school without Daniel.

'Where is he?' Thought Janet. The other two were thinking the same thing, He wasn't seen in the morning, neither when they were about to depart. And without warning, Roger said he will be coming later and for the them not to worry. 

'The whole thing is just plainly suspicious.' 

"Weird, why didn't Mr Daniel come with us? Is he sick?"

Charlie asked, naturally, neither Janet nor Monica responded. Janet naturally wondered the same question but honestly didn't care....but it can't be said for Monica, Monica was truly concerned about where Daniel was.

'Huh?! Why am I worried about him?! I should be focusing on myself. I shouldn't care about what others are doing.' Monica self rationalised. 

-------arriving at school------

"jan~~ where's Daniel? He sick?" Bella asked

'People really just assume that a person is sick if they're absent' thought Janet

"He's probably scared after yesterday. Say....Did your cousins beat him up?" Ace said smirking with hope that Daniel was humiliated.

"Hey! You scoundrel, what our family does is none of your business" Monica sneered from her desk.

Janet and Bella both looked at Monica...then back at Ace.

"Hah~~" Ace sighed with a smile. He stood up from his desk and walked over to Monica. "You....You are the second woman to seriously insult me like that."

'hm? Strange....he's supposed to continuously say she's the first in all their interactions at the beginning.' Janet frowned while analysing the situation 

"Second? Who's the first?" Asked Charlie.

"First?" Ace smiled followed by a chuckle. "Who else? Our dear friend Jan of course."

All eyes turned to Janet while Janets attention went to Ace. She glared at his smirking face and held back the urge to stab him straight through the throat.

"Ok kids, settle down everyone. Class is about start, and when I say everyone, I mean you Mr Vinitacion"

The whole class quietly giggled...they wouldn't dare laugh out loud at a big shot from the Vinitacion family, but they also can't help but laugh.

'I'd say the teachers pretty daring to gang up of ace for the past 6 years' Bella thought, 'well, he may be on the rough side but he isn't that petty.'

The class started, and as always, for Janet and Ace, sitting in class at this school was like watching paint dry in an abandoned museum.

Janet, who was thinking deeply about the mission she's supposed to go on tonight, was brought out of it when a whisper that came from next to her ear.

"Look who's outside." ace whispered

Janet turned her head and looked down, out the window. there showed Daniel getting out of a Limo in his uniform with a satisfied expression.

'What's up with him?'

"Argh, his arrogant face just makes me want to punch him" Ace mumbles.

about 5 minutes after noticing that Daniel came to school, He came into the class and just sat down without the teacher questioning him.

"God dang, why arn't they telling him off?" Ace sneered looking at Daniel.