Chapter 29 brother sister bonding

Charlie admired Janet, but was also slightly afraid of her. He had watched her train, assisted her in missions, but has never gotten to know her personally.

"Miss Janet?" Charlie knocked on her door with a tray of food.

The door opened, and Janet in her knight gown, hair up and with glasses stood in fornt of him. 

"Do you need anything?" 

"Um, May I come in?" Charlie asked nervously

"That's not the answer to my question" Janet says while pushing her hair back.

"I...Just want to give you the food I made"

Janet usually would decline and tell him to go back, but hearing as he made it himself, plus the fact that she's been growing soft these days gives her slightly no choice but to invite him in.

Charlie set the food down on the table and stood in front while Janet sat.

"Sit and eat, I can't finish all of this myself"

Charlie became flustered, "o-o-oh, thank you" He blushed and sat in front of Janet while picked up the cutlery in front of him.

But Charlie was also distressed, he's been wanting to ask Janet for some help but couldn't bring up the courage to ask. But without saying anything, his expression said it all, Janet had to sigh at his behaviour.

"What is it?" Janet finally asked

"Ah, w-w-what?" Charlie got startled from the sudden question

"You have something you want, just say it" Janet says, putting another piece of meat in her mouth, 'This is pretty good'

"I....wel..."

"spill it" Janet said, not knowing why he ws so hesitant.

"i...I was wondering of Miss Janet could help me with using a gun..."

'Eh?' Janet was surprised, 'why would someone that can control everything from a safe distant want to use a gun?'

"Why?" She asked curiously 

"Well....I'm useless, I can help through a phone, but if I'm there, I'm useless."

"I couldn't even help last time" 'Right, when we got threatened with him'

"Alright" Janet agreed

"Wait, really?!" Charlie was so surprised he stood up suddenly.

"Sit down. If you don't want to-"

"No! I want to!"

"Alright, tomorrow morning, 6am, be on time" She dabbed her mouth as she had just finished her meal.

"yes!" Charlie shield.

'What a child.' Janet couldn't help but think he's cute.

******

"When holding the gun, you need to relax, don't shake, hold it still, and aim." Starting from 6am, Janet helped Charlie with improving his shooting skills, but started to realise Charlie has a Low self-esteem.

"You can do just fine, Actually better, What's the problem?"

Charlie's expression saddened, "During a fight....I just freeze, I see people bigger and stronger, then blood around me....I just freeze, even if I manage to move, my body starts shaking."

Janet sighs, 'It isn't a big problem, he just hasn't been on many missions.'

"You'll go on a mission with me." Janet ordered