Chapter 24: Love Hate

Janet sat down at the kitchen island while Ace put on an apron and started gathering ingredients.

"You cook?" Janet said surprised

"Surprised? I might be the son of a rich old man, but I'm someone who plans to be a good husband AND the CEO of a company."

Janet's mouth opened a bit from the Strange response.

'Seriously? The obsessive Villain planning to be a good husband....How ironic.'

Ace places two bowls of noodles on the table, he sits opposite of Janet as he passes a pair of chopsticks.

"Enjoy"

Janet brings the noodles to her mouth and eats the it with slight excitement from the smell.

Her eyes widen, 'Not bad',

"Good right?" Ace smirked, leaning his cheek on his palm, tilting his head as he looks at the blue eyed girl.

Janet nodded.

"You know, seeing you actually relaxed around me and actually showing more expressions than before, When I say before I mean the first time we met."

"You mean when you called me a servant to the head?" Janet said lightly 

"heh~" He laughed awkwardly

"not to mention, the relation and benefits point of view" She took another bite.

"geez, you remember the worse parts, what about the parts when I helped you with Isabelle?"

"I didn't need it though" She says continuing eating

He sighed, "Sometimes I still don't get you" He shakes his head

*Bzzz*

Janet's phone rang in her pocket of her jacket.

"Hello?" She answers, putting her phone to her ear

"Janet" Daniels voice came through

Ace took Janets phone and put it on speaker. Janet frowned and tilted her head in confusion.

Ace gestured to continue talking

"What is it?" Janet said, not protesting.

"You're staying at the Vinticion's"

"yes" She answers

"I heard about Monica from George"

"ok"

'What does he want to say'

"I want to ask you..." he voice goes quiet

Janet looked at Ace who shrugged as Daniel was about to ask something.

"You really don't care right? About Monica" he says quickly

'huh? What kind of question is that?'

"Yes" Janet answered without any guilt.

"So that's why you didn't help"

Ace's face slightly darkened with a frown, but Janet wasn't sure if he's doing it because of Daniels remark or suddenly had the relization that it's what happened.

"Is that why you called?" Janet spoke bluntly

"janet"

"Alright, you think I should've helped, but didn't you and Ace rush to her? And plus, I'm here with her aren't I?"

"But that was on fathers orders." he says firmly

'True'

"And you already suspected there was something wrong when you and Bella were talking to Isabelle right?"