004 ||Leaving With Him||

[Y/n's POV]

[Y/n's POV]

"I wanna know how it happened," Anna Lucia said.

"It ripped through one of our perimeter defences," I answered. We were discussing the recent breach. I had my arms leaning on the table, supporting my weight.

"It ripped through steel?" Ava asked is disbelief.

"Anderson and I released the breach point and vent, nothing's getting in that way again." Tim assured.

"But why did it happen?"

"It was a freak occurrence, there's no reason to think it'll happen again," I told her.

"We should try to stay calm," Ray attempted to calm us.

"If it happened once it can happen twice!" Ava protested.

"How far away is Aimee's colony?" Joel spoke up, interrupting our argument.

"What?"

"Aimee's colony." Joel repeated. "How far away is it?"

"85 miles," I said. It wasn't that far. But it was dangerous.

"How long does that take to get there?" He asked again.

"Wait, you're not actually thinking of going?" I scoffed. Joel Dawson could not trek 85 miles across hell. And not for a stupid-ass reason like finding his girlfriend.

"Y/n, just humour me for once. How long?"

"Seven days. Minimum," Anderson answered him once he realized I had no burning desire to.

"An armed and trained hunting part would be lucky to last 50 miles on the surface. But you, you wouldn't make it past the bunker exit." I said.

"Alright now I need volunteers to help reinforce some of the outside perimeters," Tim said. We all started volenteering but were cut off by Joel.

"I'm gonna go,"

"It's an impossible journey, Joel," Tim told him.

"No, I'm serious. I love you guys," I glared at him. "Most of you guys, but there's only one person in this world who ever truly made me happy and she's only 85 miles away. And I'm gonna go see her,"

Joel walked off and went to his room. He's gonna die out there.

I was jealous. Aimee was only 85 miles away and Tom was gone. I couldn't get to him. And I couldn't even tell anyone.