005 ||Dogs and Frogs||

[Joel's POV]

[Joel's POV]

Dear Aimee, I am doing it. I'm really doing it! With the help of Y/n.

Honestly, I thought it'd be way worse. So far it's not too bad, Y/n hasn't been overly annoying. And, I've seen a lot of signs of death, but no actual death. So, cross your fingers.

"Oh," I said. Looking at eggs. "Monster eggs." I noticed

"Yeah," Y/n said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Trying to stay positive.

Weathers nice. Getting some fresh air. What else can I tell ya?

Then, saw a pink frisbee on the ground. I leaned down to pick it up.

Y/n, who had walked ahead of me turned around and looked at me weird.

"It's cool," I told her.

"Yeah, sure," she rolled her eyes and continued walking.  I stick my tongue out at her, knowing she didn't see. She didn't see...right?

"Why did you come with me if you don't like me? Like, at all." I asked

"As I said, I wanted to leave that hell hole." She kicked a stick in her path.

She suddenly turned around quickly, with a worried expression on her face.

"What?" I asked.

"Shh!" She shushed me. She sushed me!

"What is it!?" I said a little louder.

"Shut up," the branches above us snapped and I heard a low growl. "Go to that house, wait for me there." She instructed.

"Right. Let her do the fighting, run and hide," I told myself.

When I got into the house, I grabbed my crossbow from my backpack. I cautiously walked forward and came to a fridge.

I opened it slowly. I saw a large moth inside. That's not god! That is very not good!

Y/n came rushing through the door to the house and closed the fridge.

"I leave you alone for five minutes—not even—and you almost die," she said, her hand leaving the fridge.

"Uh. Uh- no, no I, I wasn't-" Y/n held up her hand for me to shut up.

We ran out to the backyard of the house. I was panting.

Suddenly, I heard bubbling coming from the mossy pool. We slowly turned towards the noise. Large eyes started emerging from the water. They looked right at us.

[Y/n's POV]

A large frog came out of the dirty pond.

"Shit," I muttered.

We started backing away from the pond as the monster started rising out. I slowly grabbed my bow from my backpack and got ready to shoot at any moment.

The frog looked like it was going to throw up on us, but it shot its long and dirty tongue. The arrows had pierced it, but it hadn't stopped it. I yelped as Joel pushed me out of the way and onto the ground so I was under him.

"Get off me!" I panted.

"Right," Joel rolled off of my body and I saw a brown dog standing over me.

The dog placed its paws on my chest causing me to groan.

The long tongue started making its way back into the frog's mouth. The dog started barking at the monster as Joel and I stood back up.

I got my bow that had been knocked out of my hand from beside me.

Joel and I started running away but I was pushed against the wooden fence by the frog.

"Y/n!" Joel yelled. The frog grabbed my boot and I screamed.

"Joel!" I could see Joel debating on whether or not to save me. His eyes Darren between the fence and me, fence and me, fence and me. "Joel Dawson, I swear to—Ah!" I started getting pulled back. I grabbed onto anything I could. Socks, leaves, anything.

After Joel's excruciatingly long debate, (which I had missed most of because I was focused in the frog tongue attached to my ankle) he lunged forward and grabbed my hand. It didn't do much as I was still being pulled back. Now, with the company of Joel.

"Don't let go!" He yelled.

"No shit!" Joel lost grip on my hand and I continued to scrape against the ground.

"Yes, bite it!" Joel shouted at something behind me. 

I turned around and saw the dog biting the frog's tong. It eventually let go of me and I scrambled to my feet. The dog led the way as Joel and I ran from the monster chasing us.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait! Where are you going?" Joel asked the brown dog as we ran.

We eventually followed the dog into a small, messy, blue bus.