015 ||Queen||

[Joel's POV]

[Joel's POV]

I can't believe I almost kissed Y/n. I also couldn't believe how stupid I was.

I love Y/n, and I'm going to find my girlfriend who I'm also in love with. Maybe Aimee found someone else, she did say that a boat Captain came to her colony so... maybe she likes him? God, I hope she does.

I've also started writing letters to Y/n, I mean sure it would be easier to tell her how I feel, but she's come with me 70 miles already, I wasn't gonna ask her to turn back now. And it would ruin what we already have...if we even have something.

"So, some survivors showed up at her camp," I told Y/n, interrupting the silence.

"Really?" She asked, curiously. Shit, why did I start talking about Aimee? I could've picked literally anything to talk about and I pick Aimee!

"That's not something I gotta worry about, you don't think, right?" Y/n was about to speak, but I cut her off before she could get a word out. "I mean what are the odds that they're, like, awesome and similar to my age and potentially a threat to me romantically?" Y/n was gonna speak again but I cut her off... again. "Slim to none, probably. I think it's good actually, I think we're totally, uh... fine." Y/n ran in front of me and put her hands on my shoulders to stop me from talking.

"Joel," she said, looking at me intensely. Kind of scary, actually. "Shut up. It's getting annoying." She took her hands off me and continued walking. "And besides, if Aimee doesn't like you she's crazy!" She assured me.

"Yeah... crazy," It was like a game of tug-of-war. When I thought of Aimee, I couldn't get her smile out of my head. But when Y/n came, she pulled on the rope just a little bit harder. And all I could think of was her shining e/c eyes.

Then Aimee would pull harder.

"Why don't we pick up the pace a little, just in case," I told Y/n catching up to her. When I got to her she put her hand over my chest, stopping me.

"What-"

"Look down," There was a giant hole filled with old metal scraps.

"Why don't we go another way,"

"Yeah, good idea," She said. I then realized she hadn't removed her hand from my chest, I think she did too, "Sorry," She brought her hand down, unfortunately.

"It's okay," I looked into her eyes and smiled lightly. Big mistake.

Y/n pulled harder on the tug-of-war rope.

Before we could turn, Boy ran off in the opposite direction.

"Boy!" Y/n called out "Boy? Where are you going?" She said a little more firmly. A tree branch snapped beside us. I could feel Y/n put her hand in mine. I looked at her, her eyes were wide. I looked in the direction she was looking in. "Joel," There was a giant fin slicing through the ground.