022 ||No More Hiding||

[Joel's POV]

[Joel's POV]

My name is Joel Dawson. I'm 24 years old and I survived seven days on the surface with the love of my life.

Y/n and I were chasing Boy through the forest hand in hand. Stealing occasional kisses along the way.

Twice actually.

"Wow, home sweet home," Y/n smiled when we approached the bunker.

"Home sweet home," I smiled, squeezing Y/n's hand.

"I love you," She said.

"I love you, too,"

We entered the bunker with our flashlights and spears out. We entered the main room to see everyone sitting around in a circle.

"Joel?"

"Y/n?" They all chorused.

"Hey!" We both greeted everyone, immediately pulling everyone into a big hug.

Tim pulled Y/n into an individual hug.

"I missed you, kid," He smiled,

"You too, Tim," she beamed.

I'm alive because of the generosity of a few strangers, the kindness of a great dog and the love of an amazing girl.

My colony and I are headed to the mountains. There are supposed to be fewer monsters there. And don't get me wrong, the surface is a dangerous place. But I don't think hiding underground is the answer anymore. There is a great, big, beautiful, inspiring world out there. And I know you think it might be impossible, but it's not. If I can survive out here, anybody can. It's like a good friend once told me, 'good instincts are earned by making mistakes. If you're lucky enough to survive a few mistakes, you're gonna do all right out there. In this recording, you'll find everything I know about our new world. Most of this I had to learn the hard way. Hopefully, it'll make your way a little easier. So, crank open that hatch. Okay, come on. Breathe some fresh air, go, live your life. It won't be easy, but it'll be worth it. I know it was for me.

I travelled 85 miles to find that what I'd been missing below ground for seven years was right above my head this whole time. And it's incredible.

Oh, and the last thing, don't settle. You don't have to, not even at the end of the world.

Signing off, Joel Dawson.

Eight Years Later...

[Y/n's POV]

Joel and I are 32 now. We have gotten married, Tim was actually the one to marry the two of us. Oh, and we had a child, two actually. Who would have thought, me with two little devils running around. Above ground, might I add.

Our children are five years old, their names are Asher and Athena. Twins.

Joel was out hunting with Tim and Ava, who also had a kid. Yeah... they forgot protection.

I was doing dishes in our tent, I had just tucked the twins into bed.

I was brought out of my thoughts by two arms wrapping around my waist, the arms then lifted me off the ground and spun me around.

"Joel!" I silently gasped.

He put me down and spun me around, facing him.

"What? A husband's not allowed to hug his beautiful wife?" He smiled, his hands resting just below my lower back.

"Well, now you owe me," I smirked, placing my hands just below his shoulders.

"Hmm, I wonder how I could do that," Joel leaned forward.

"I wonder..." I said quietly, pressing my lips to his. The kiss slowly got more heated and interesting. My hands going under his shirt and up and down his toned chest, I could slowly feel goosebumps forming on his chest, "Am I making you nervous Mr. Dawson?" I asked, breaking the kiss, but my eyes remained closed.

 Dawson?" I asked, breaking the kiss, but my eyes remained closed

"Not at all Mrs. Dawson," He kissed me again. Our lips move amazingly together. He harshly bit my lower lip whilst sliding his tongue into my mouth.

Our tongues danced together perfectly, battling for dominance, which he won, as normal

Our tongues danced together perfectly, battling for dominance, which he won, as normal. Joel lifted me up and onto the small dining table we had in the tent. He moved in between my legs.

His kisses trailed from my lips to my jaw. And down to my neck.

"I love you so much," He said in between kisses.

"And I to you," I smiled.

The last fifteen years have been crazy. I killed monstrous bugs, fell in love all over again, got married, had children and was the happiest I had ever been. And I did it all because of one person. Joel Dawson.

~The End~