021 ||I Love You||

[Joel's POV]

[Joel's POV]

We were all inside the bunker. Everyone was getting fixed up from the previous attack.

"Joel?" I heard a voice behind me, it was Y/n.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" I asked her.

"Honestly? Like shit." She chuckled "It's not every day you have a knife held to your neck," she forced a laugh.

"Yeah," I awkwardly said. After a long period of uncomfortable silence, Y/n spoke.

"I think I'm gonna go back... to our colony," She stated.

"What?" I asked.

"Ever since we got here and we talked to them on the radio, I don't know, I just felt like I've missed my family, my friends." She told me.

"But you said-"

"I know. I know what I said,'' She said she loved me. Was it just a lie? "You could come with me, though." She stated. I looked her straight in the eye.

"What?"

"Only if you wanted to. I mean, I know you have Aimee now and you probably don't need me anymore but. I need you." I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say to her. "Right, then, uh, bye Joel." Y/n put her hands on my shoulders and ever so lightly kissed me on the lips. I stayed still, but she pulled away as soon as our lips connected. She gave me a weak smile before turning around and leaving me. Once again.

I knew I had to follow her, but I also had to say goodbye to Aimee

"Thanks, Joel, I would have done it a little differently but... you did alright." An old man 'complimented'

"Oh, thanks," I said. "It's looking better just take care of it," I indicated to his injury. "Bye, guys," I had already packed up my stuff, I had hoped Y/n had not walked too far. "Aimee," I called. She immediately looked at me and walked over.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey, um, I gotta go back to my colony, see if they're okay," I told her blankly.

"Right, yeah." She recalled.