007 ||Getting Along?||

[Joel's POV]

[Joel's POV]

Dear Aimee, guess what? I got a dog, he's the coolest. His name is Boy.

He saved Y/n's life from a giant frog in a pool who tried to eat her with its tongue.

I was playing with the frisbee I found earlier. I tried throwing it in an attempt to play fetch but Boy didn't chase it, he just watched. Y/n laughed at this. She laughed! I think this was the first time I'd seen her actually smile.

"Did the Y/n L/n just laugh!" I joked

"Yeah, That was funny." She continued laughing.

Her laugh's kind of cute...

God, Joel! Don't think that! You're going to see Aimee! Aimee. Your girlfriend who you live unconditionally.

After that, we hung out on his bus. Man, do we make a great team. I feel like I can talk about anything... when Y/n's not listening of course.

You've gotta see us out here! We're like this iconic trio!

I don't know, it feels like when we're together, we're unstoppable! That might be because of Y/n. Who knows!

We continued walking further and further. Me and Y/n were actually engaging in conversation!

[Y/n's POV]

I couldn't believe I was actually having fun with Joel Dawson. Turns out, he can actually be pretty interesting when he's not all about Aimee.

"And then my dad just spilled the coffee all over my mom!" Joel said while laughing. I giggled. I haven't giggled in seven years.

He was telling me about the time a squirrel got into his house and went crazy around his kitchen. To this day, Joel still believes it had rabies or something.

I looked over at Joel ti find him looking back at me.

Has his smile always looked so sweet?

Hold on, what was that? I did not just compliment him. Did I?

———

Joel and I came across some berries. I knew they were poisonous but I don't think he did. He picked a berry from a bush and I slapped him on the back of the head.

Joel brought his hand to the spot I hit, still keeping the purple berry in his left hand.

"What was that for!" He yelled at me. Boy started biting his pants. Bite him, Boy! "What are you doing!" Joel snapped at a growling Boy. "Stop that! Boy!"

"They're poisonous, Joel!" I told him. But I also wondered why I didn't call him something snarky like 'dipshit' or 'dumbass' like I usually did.

"But they look so good," he whined.

Joel held them up to the sunlight where he could see them clearer. It was almost as if there was something inside of them.

"Yeah, you know what? I don't think I should eat these." He said.

"Did you realize that before or after Boy and I told you?" I joked as I walked past Joel.

"You know I think I'm starting to grow on you,"

"Maybe you are, Joel Dawson," I turned around and smiled at him. He grinned boyishly back.

As we kept walking, I pulled out the photo booth pictures of Tom and me. I smiled to myself at the silly expressions we made.

"What's that?" Joel asks.

"It's nothing," I shoved it back in my pocket.

"I've seen you look at it a few times," Joel said.

"Well, it's nothing," I said firmly.

"Well, it must be something if you don't want to tell me," Joel chuckled.

"I said it's nothing so just leave it!" I quietly yelled, if that was even possible.

"Y/n, come on?" Joel walked up to me.

"I said it was nothing, Joel!" I snapped. "Maybe you should try listening for once instead of thinking your stupid ass can handle the dumb shit happening to our world!"

He backed up a little bit at my sudden outburst.

"Okay, sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"Yeah, you should be,"

And the funny thing was, I thought Joel and I were getting along too.